• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yellow exclamation mark in KP2

Share/Bookmark

Yellow exclamation mark in KP2

Hi, i feel really lost now - after having read all i could find and after installing and re-installing three times now, cleaning harddrive between each attempt, i still get this yellow exclamation mark in KP2 next to GPO.
    In Service Center both Garritan Personal Orchestra and GPO Kontakt Player 2 are sucessfully authenticated. I installed clean from original discs the version of GPO i bought back in 2005. That version came with registration tool which no longer should be used. So i downloaded "GPO_KP2_223U_Win" from N.I. and installed it. Activated all right. Then i downloaded "Kontakt Player 2.2.4 Setup" and installed it. Authenticated with new serial for Garritan that i got from N.I. support in separate mail. Activated OK. But---yellow excl. mark in KP2 left pane... (The quotationmarks above are to show exact titles for downloaded files from N.I.) So far support advices me to use new serial for GPO -- which is what i have done. Three times over...
    I can not work like this, in demo mode for a month and then - no GPO?
    Anyone have a solution? Vista 64-bit, upgraded Service Center.
    Nils

Re: Yellow exclamation mark in KP2

Hi, My personal experience with having registration or activation problems have always ended with me finding out that I entered something wrong or mis-understood a step along the way. My experience with the NI Service Center has taught me that it works well.
    The yellow mark means that your software isn't activated yet and is running in the demo mode. I would recommend opening the Service Center and under the "overview" tab, opening up the "show details" arrow, and then reviewing very carefully the serial number information. Is it possible you have typed a capital O instead of a zero, or a l (lower case L) instead of a 1? Every time I have run into something like your situation it has embarrassingly led back to something simple. Another thing to check is that there is a GPO serial number and a GPO KP2 serial number that should be different. Stay with it and Good luck, John

Thanks for the input! The only figures i have inserted are the serial numbers that consists of no letters and thus pretty simple to read and interpret. So - i have checked and doublechecked and triplechecked and the numbers are quite correct providing that the information given by N.I. is correct. Furthermore - if i try to "misspell" anything, the boxes where one is supposed to enter the numbers go red and you cant get the serialnumber accepted by the "Service Center"- application.
    Both GPO and GPO KP2 are "Activated" in green lettering and they have different serial numbers. GPO has numerical only "System ID" and "Activation Key". GPO KP2 has alfanumerical "System ID" and "Activation Key". None of which i have entered at any time, it has been done automatically - i just had to enter the correct respective serial numbers provided by N.I.
    I really dont know how to explain this more thorough: Both applications, GPO and GPO KP2 are "Activated" in N.I. Service Center and YET - in Kontakt Player 2, Garritan PersonaL Orchestra is running in demo mode.
    Very frustrating...
    /Nils
    PS Checked and it is impossible to enter letters instead of numbers in the serialnumber boxes in "Service center"-application.

Hi again, Sorry it didn't turn out to be a simple mistake.
    When you have the KontaktPlayer2 open, if you click on the Kontakt Player logo what version does it show?

I have uploaded a screenshot of my KP2 to see if you can spot anything different about the way it looks that might be a clue.

Thanks for your engagement!
    I opened KP2 again to check what version (2.2.4.001) and ---
    the yellow exclamation mark is gone!
    ??????!
    It has been there since last friday and now it is gone! I really would like to learn something from this, or at least have it declared official that i am a moron or something... But the thing is i havent changed anything today and a couple of hours ago GPO was in demo mode. So either there is a four-five day delay from entering the numbers before the "Activated" mode of GPO is invoked in KP2 or.... someone has corrected something at N.I. without telling me? Anyways - it works as it should now and i hope it stays that way.
    Thanks again for the input!
    /Nils

These issues have gotten the best of even seasoned users so don't worry, now you can start to use your great software. John
    ( I just had a mental picture of the programmers at NI sitting around laughing at their "joke" )

Go Back to forum