• Register
  • Help

Topic: What's this piece?

Share/Bookmark

What's this piece?

I found this piece and got currious, it's a piano reduction, I suspect who the composer is, but would like to know if anyone can identify the piece? Composer?

Thanks.

http://www.guybacos.com/audio/WHO.mp3

Re: What's this piece?

I don't know the piece, but it sounds sort of Beethoven-esque. Who did you think the composer was?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by remmet View Post
    I don't know the piece, but it sounds sort of Beethoven-esque. Who did you think the composer was?

Richard
    That's what I think, seems in his late period.

On your other post I was going to say Beethoven myself (as a guess). the beginning sounds right, not sure about the end.

The 4th chord gives it away as faras I'm concerned , but someone else may have used the change.

There used to be a book available with the first dozen or so notes of all major pieces - all converted to A - in the form AAAF# this could be Beethovens 5th for example. Very useful when you can't find the name of a tune. I bet its still out there somewhere
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    On your other post I was going to say Beethoven myself (as a guess). the beginning sounds right, not sure about the end.

The 4th chord gives it away as faras I'm concerned , but someone else may have used the change.

There used to be a book available with the first dozen or so notes of all major pieces - all converted to A - in the form AAAF# this could be Beethovens 5th for example. Very useful when you can't find the name of a tune. I bet its still out there somewhere
    I don't understand "faras", what does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by guyB View Post
    I don't understand "faras", what does it mean?

I would think that he meant "as far as"..
    not that its any of my biznizz....

Hahaha! Of course.

Hi, not trying to be a wise a^# but, how did you "find" this piece of music, with no credit given? In what form did you "find" it?

OK. let's start here: Were you near a... radio? Was the radio on? Did you hear voices? You know, like a person saying something like, "the following piece which you are about to record in full, is called the such and such?"
    'cause this would be a big clue.

Or, if you were on the "net," you might have seen "symbols" much like the ones I'm typing right now. These are called words. They often tell us things, like who did something, and what they call it.

So, again, I'm curious as to how you "found" this, without any other info,
    where, please tell?

And just as another useless opinion, I'd say the piece should stay
    anonymous.

Joe R

Go Back to forum