• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: This is Way Cool!

Share/Bookmark

Re: This is Way Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by rikp View Post

Get the Wallander iPhone application (WIVI) which is way cooler as it not only includes a flute but many more brass and woodwind instruments. It´s 10$ (which is a ridiculous price). Attach some cheap battery powered speakers and you blow the ocarina out of it´s pants
    Best regards
    Raindog

Agreed. The WIVI iPhone app is amazing. It's ridiculously playable - just blow into the phone's mic and play the keyboard on the screen - and sounds great. I actually used its piccolo flute in a recent cue for a documentary. Admittedly, it wasn't exactly at the forefront of the mix, but still!

It also is huge fun watching arne demonstrating the iPhone Wivi application!

It's insane that he managed to do that. Of course it's not exactly fit for studio use, but if Nick used it, who am I to say it CAN'T be used? I would surely use it actually, with the right effects, or even at live performances! (there is a youtube video with the keyboardist of a very well known group, whose name I forget right now cause I'm tired, playing a woods quartet with the iPhone! LOLtastic and Fantastic at the same time!)

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas View Post
    It also is huge fun watching arne demonstrating the iPhone Wivi application!

It's insane that he managed to do that. Of course it's not exactly fit for studio use, but if Nick used it, who am I to say it CAN'T be used? I would surely use it actually, with the right effects, or even at live performances! (there is a youtube video with the keyboardist of a very well known group, whose name I forget right now cause I'm tired, playing a woods quartet with the iPhone! LOLtastic and Fantastic at the same time!)
    This is the linke to the video (Jordan Rudess from Dream Theater)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn_uBjKTnkQ

I think the application would be cool for street musicians or for session playing. You could use it in the studio as well as it is much cheaper than the full blown wallander software
    Arne is an insanely bright and friendly programmer. I believe this is one of the coolest programms for iPhone and iPod touch (if I only HAD one )

best regards
    Raindog

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas View Post
    Of course it's not exactly fit for studio use, but if Nick used it, who am I to say it CAN'T be used?
    Well, it certainly wasn't featured in an orchestral setting, and was indeed effected up to the hilt. I went into it more as an experiment to see whether it was more than just a 'fun' app, and actually it is surprisingly musical. And dead cheap too!

Now to find a place for my iPhone's stylophone...

Way cool, but what I find really interesting is turning the microphone into a breath controller by processing the white noise.

Ernie

how come I didn't know that Wallander put out an iphone application!?!?! I would've purchased it the minute it came out.

So exciting!

Just had the confirmation from Arne Wallander that the WiVi software works as well with an iPod touch. It has to be a second generation iPod touch and you can use the iPhone headset. Take the microphone between your teeth and off you go.
    best regards
    Raindog

Speaking of crazy iPhone applications, I guess it's hard to beat this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j-DGrWry6k

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

Go Back to forum