• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sonic Implants string (kontakt) is it worth to buy

Share/Bookmark

Question Sonic Implants string (kontakt) is it worth to buy

Hi.
    I own most of strings library in the market include VSL complete super package,eastwest SO platinum plus,Kirk hunter diamond, Best service Essential strings Etc..But still I didn't try sonic Implants string library!..I know it is an old library but really I wana go for it! but before I do, any advice ? what I mean is it the best string library for dramatic and slow music ? any one has an experience with this library (Kontakt Version) Does it have a glissando legato with KS ?

Shakuman.

Re: Sonic Implants string (kontakt) is it worth to buy

Quote Originally Posted by shakuman View Post
    is it the best string library for dramatic and slow music ?
    I don't know for Sonivox Strings but LASS will probably nail the sound you're after:

http://www.lascoringstrings.com/demos.html
    rothermusic.de

Thanx..Of course I know about the amazing LASS, but it needs time for final release ! Any info. guys about sonivox string ?

Shakuman

The library was my first string ens sample set and I still use them on every project. I also have most of the others (VSL, eastwest, and SAM) but I always end up using them for some part or another. There very "intimate" as there called, a smaller ens that seems to flow very nice under dialog. The set also one of the best FX for each section for horror or thriller, but the cluster loops are limited. The best part for me is the full ens because I can get alot of emotion from the dynamics, for some reason it really works for me. Thats me though.

Chris

Example of the smaller, warm feel:

http://www.sonivoxmi.com/MP3/SonicIm...nicChordal.mp3

...and the wonderful warm sound they have!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

They have a lovely quality and btw, blend nicely with KH Diamond. That combo is my "go to."
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Talking Re: Sonic Implants string (kontakt) is it worth to buy

Many thanx to all of you guys,Wonderful demo ChrisI think it's the time .

Shakuman.

Quote Originally Posted by cKaz View Post
    The library was my first string ens sample set and I still use them on every project. I also have most of the others (VSL, eastwest, and SAM) but I always end up using them for some part or another. There very "intimate" as there called, a smaller ens that seems to flow very nice under dialog. The set also one of the best FX for each section for horror or thriller, but the cluster loops are limited. The best part for me is the full ens because I can get alot of emotion from the dynamics, for some reason it really works for me. Thats me though.

Chris

Example of the smaller, warm feel:

http://www.sonivoxmi.com/MP3/SonicIm...nicChordal.mp3
    Wow. Gorgeous samples- but REALLY gorgeous writing. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work!

The Sonic Implants Symphonic Strings is the most expensive library I have bought so far. The sound is absolutely gorgeous. It has every kind of patch you could want with lots of options for configuring sections. You can do small intimate chamber works as well as large orchestra movie types.

On the downside the wide range of options can make using SISS a bit intimidating. You'll have to be ready to do lots of multi track sequencing.
    Unless you have Cubase 5's VST Expressions which is perfect for something like SISS. I've actually created my own custom Keyswitch Patches with the patches I use the most often.

I am a little concerned about the lack of available updates for the Kontakt version though. I've been trying to get the latest updates for a few weeks but haven't heard back from SI yet

I do find myself considering getting the VSL Special Edition Strings. They sound just as great and I love the Vienna Instruments software (I have the Woodwinds I DVD collection). They have a great sound as well, and the performance features of the software help cut down on programming time. Also as a plus, since both VSL and SISS are recorded quite dry I'm sure they would mix together well for an Epic sound.

Quote Originally Posted by shakuman View Post
    Hi.
    I own most of strings library in the market include VSL complete super package,eastwest SO platinum plus,Kirk hunter diamond, Best service Essential strings Etc..But still I didn't try sonic Implants string library!..I know it is an old library but really I wana go for it! but before I do, any advice ? what I mean is it the best string library for dramatic and slow music ? any one has an experience with this library (Kontakt Version) Does it have a glissando legato with KS ?

Shakuman.
    JP Garbarini
    http://www.musicbyjpg.com

"A man who is paid to do what he enjoys never works a day in his life." -- Chinese Proverb

Definitely worth it! I have an older Giga version of SISS running on my slave and I use them for nearly every project. I reach for them before VSL or EWQLSO Platinum. At some point I would like to upgrade to the Kontakt version. I've tried converting them in Kontakt, but lost a lot of the programming in the process (mainly the xfades).

Go Back to forum