• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigasampler & Yamaha DS2416-cascaded

Share/Bookmark

Gigasampler & Yamaha DS2416-cascaded

I shall shortly be returning to the UK from
    the US and am strongly considering purchasing Gigasampler, prior to upgrading to Nemesys Gigastudio (ironically, I am based in Austin,
    where Nemesys is located).

I shall be overhauling my PII/400 system to run Win2000 Pro and the new WDM drivers for my cascaded Yamaha SW1000XG and DS2416, and
    was wondering if any existing Giga-users
    know whether the DirectX portion of these
    drivers (or the Win98-equivalents)
    interfaces with Gigsampler?

FYI, I am/will be running VST/24 or 32,
    Wavelab 3.0 for digital audio work.

So, can I use GigaSampler with either/both
    cards at the moment?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Gigasampler & Yamaha DS2416-cascaded

I\'m using the dspfactory with giga and the yamaha dx drivers are absolute rubbish with very high latency. It present you are better off using a separate card with a 41.1khz spdif output (I use an old awegold) this gives you a good solid stereo digital feed to the dspf.

I\'ve heard good reports from people using hammerfall to connect the two

I\'m using the dspfactory with giga and the yamaha dx drivers are absolute rubbish with very high latency. It present you are better off using a separate card with a 41.1khz spdif output (I use an old awegold) this gives you a good solid stereo digital feed to the dspf.

I\'ve heard good reports from people using hammerfall to connect the two

I love my two cascaded DSP Factories, but the only way I found to get Gigasampler running smoothly on it was to buy an AX16 card and a Frontier Dakota. When I try to use the Yamaha DirectX drivers, my system consistantly crashes.

I use the DSP Factory with Gigasampler feeding it\'s digital inputs via the Waveterminal 2496(assigned to Gigasampler).Works great with VST 24 and Wavelab 3.0,on a PIII 450 with a fast SCSI drive and 256 megs of ram. The Waveterminal card has excellent sound quality and comes with Giga drivers.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rbtweaker:
    I use the DSP Factory with Gigasampler feeding it\'s digital inputs via the Waveterminal 2496(assigned to Gigasampler).Works great with VST 24 and Wavelab 3.0,on a PIII 450 with a fast SCSI drive and 256 megs of ram. The Waveterminal card has excellent sound quality and comes with Giga drivers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What drivers are you using with the DSP Factory?

In Cubase I use the multimedia driver if I want to use Wavelab 3.0 as the default editor,otherwise I use the ASIO SW+DS32,which has the lowest latency(106ms.)Also the audio clock of the DSP Factory is slaved to the Waveterminal 2496 through SPDIF PRO, at 44.1.

Go Back to forum