• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Voices of The Apocalypse

Share/Bookmark

Voices of The Apocalypse

Nick,

Outstanding demo! Your VO guy is great and the Choir is large/small beautiful/huanting!

Best of luck in all you do.

Francis

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.
    www.audiovisionsonline.com

Re: Voices of The Apocalypse

Nick,

Your choir demo is amazing! Great job!

Kip
    Bardstown Audio

Yes guys, I third that! Great demo. Best of luck with the library sales!

Thomas

I concur. The demo sounds very, very good indeed (although the very first soprano entry sounded a little electronic - everything else sounded great).

It\'s early days, and I hadn\'t planned to spend a lot of cash on a choir, but this choir sounds very interesting.

I have two questions: If anyone out there owns the library, I\'d be interested to know what can be achieved \'live\' with the choir? It sounds as if an awful lot of work has to go into it to get the best out of it (not a criticism by any means - the vowel/consonant possibilities will keep everything different and fresh).

Also, I\'d be interested to know how owners compare it to Vocal Planet & SOV (although I don\'t expect too many people will own more than one choir library).

Probably too much to ask, I know, but Nick keeps producing libraries that I\'m sure I won\'t swing for, then I do. If there is a way to carry some of the expression in the library into live playing, I might have to buy it.

Wow.... what can i say sounds amazing
    Good job on the demo it sounds wonderful except for the intro wich sounds a bit generic, but the rest sounds amazing did i say how amazing it sounds ? amazing....
    I think this with SOV (boys choir and pads)
    covers alot of ground .

Franky www.vintaudio.com
    Makers of Giga clean electric guitars

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Franky:
    Wow.... what can i say sounds amazing
    Good job on the demo it sounds wonderful except for the intro wich sounds a bit generic, but the rest sounds amazing did i say how amazing it sounds ? amazing....
    I think this with SOV (boys choir and pads)
    covers alot of ground .

Franky www.vintaudio.com
    Makers of Giga clean electric guitars
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It\'s funny...I know I\'ll get slammed for this but although the samples themselves sound fine there\'s something going on with the entrances of much of what I heard on this demo that would give it away in a half second. I would never have thought most of this demo was real simply because of that. Something in the attacks is funny. Again, the character of the samples themselves does sound wonderful, especially the women\'s stuff.

Weakest part of the demo was the opening \"angel\'s choir,\" which sounded like a Roland D50. What\'s up with that?

Would I buy this library? You bet, because it\'s the best I\'ve heard of this kind of thing, and some of it sounds amazing. Some of it doesn\'t. Sounds like I\'m describing every library out there

Glad to see Nick....or someone...has priced this one reasonably. What had to be much more involved than Quantum Leap Brass is selling for less (despite less discs).....this is a good thing. And to think, I was already saving for Rare Instruments...or whatever it\'s called.

I dont like the attacks either. BUT i know that I can adjsut those to my liking. I think they are set that way because of the \"word building\" feature. I have a feeling that I will be able to do wonders with this library.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Are you referring to the synthy organ/string patch underscoring the vocal? The girls sound great, man.

Attacks....attacks...attacks. Like GOS its always about the attacks. Attack editing is simple enough... I guess.

What burns me is some CD\'s are captured in grand halls (the real space) and yet we get them dry. yea, yea, I know why.

Thanx Nick...Looking forward to the release samples.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Francis Belardino:
    [B]Are you referring to the synthy organ/string patch underscoring the vocal? The girls sound great, man.

I\'m referring to the first vocal you hear on the demo...as someone else pointed out, it came off very \"synthy.\" I paid no attention to the quality of the underscoring (though I enjoyed the piece!)...just the voices.

Regarding attacks, yes, they are important. If the sample sounds like it\'s being played from a keyboard, this is not a good thing. What I really wish is that other libraries could make use of Gary\'s MaestroTools, i.e. the legato stuff.

Just a voice of dissent here. Yes, the character of individual samples is great. However, I really don\'t think this library can ever hope to live up to it\'s claims.

“Imagine being able to create realistic words, sung in any language.” (from the demo voice-over)

Sounds great. But do any of you actually hear words in this demo? I don\'t hear any of the consonants they claim they sampled. I hear what sound like random pure vowels that don\'t elide into one another at all. I want to hear another demo... an acapella demo, if you will! No Orff-wannabe (and who\'d wannabe?) strings and percussion underneath.

I did love the sound of the library, but in the sections where they were changing vowels every eighth note, it just sounded ridiculous. Based on this demo, it seems like this library would only be useful using one vowel at a time... On the other hand, I have sung in choirs on several movie and video game soundtracks, and most of the time this is all that a soundtrack composer is asking for anyway. Here and there you get a little nonsense-latin, though, and I don\'t think even that cold be achieved realisticly with this library... or any other. I doubt it could be done at all, and really fool anybody.

Here is my transcription of the \"lyrics\" directly following the \"sung in any language\" bit:

(Men
    ea,
    ea,
    ai io,
    eoeu,
    ai,

(+ Women
    eioiea,
    aioe,
    eioi,
    ei!

Again, I want to say that the single vowels sound great. I just don\'t think that a library should make a claim like that, especially not with a demo that sounds more like it\'s trying to cover up the sounds it\'s supposed to be selling.

If any of you who have bought the library want to prove me wrong, I would love to hear your efforts! Until then, this will hardly displace Nick\'s Rare Instruments and \'56 Strat on my \"To Buy\" list.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast