• Help

Topic: Art Vista Malmsjö 1.6 Update Download

Share/Bookmark

Re: Art Vista Malmsjö 1.6 Update Download

Great news Hans! Thanks

Damon

Hi I am still pretty new to all this

I want to upgrade from my V1.5. I thought it would just be a matter of downloading an update, but I have to create subfolders, etc.

I am not understanding, even with those instructions. I am just a musician trying to figure it out.

Create a folder on your hard drive with four subfolders: \"-5dB\", \"-6dB\", \"-12dB\" and \"-20dB\". Download -5dB samples to -5dB Folder, etc. Ok I get this but then what do I do next.

Sharp notes has an \"x\" instead of \"#\". Rename these after download. For instance: \"Dx4\" should be renamed: \"D#4\".

Where do I look for this?

For unknown reasons the compressed *.dxl files will download as: *.dxl.wav. Rename them as: *.dxl . GigaSampler users rename as: *.wa!

I do not understand this above. I am using Gigastudio 96.

No change to uncompressed *.wav-files.

Once I have figured out the steps above, what do I do next. How do I change them and make them Work with GIga. What do you do to these subfolders etc.

I will appreciate your help, I do want to learn this stuff, but just do not understand how to update V1.5 to 1.6

Thanks

Please shed some light, after all I am living in a cave.

Caveman

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    Great news Hans! Thanks

Damon
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am confused as well.

Art Vista Malmsjö 1.6 Update Download

Just to let all \"MAG 1.5\" users know, that there is now an \"Update Download\" page at our website.

Gigastudio users can take advantage of a new articulation file offering versions with wider dynamics of all pianos.

Users of both GigaSampler and GigaStudio can download replacement samples.

http://www.artvista.net/Update%20Download.htm

Hans

Damon, Caveman,

First load the articulation file. This is done by opening the Instrument in the Instrument Editor. (Click the green button \"Edit\".

When the Editor is Open go to \"File\" menu. (If I remember right, I am away from my setup) In this menu choose \"Load Articulation\". Find the downloaded articulation file and click \"open\". When the articulation file is loaded, close the Editor and save the change to the Instrument.

Now you are ready to replace the samples.

The Malmsjo sample contains four velocities. If you open the editor again you will see them organized in four folders to the left. These folders are named after the nominal recording level. So, -20dB = pp,
    -12dB = p, -6dB = mf, -5dB = f. The \"-5dB\" folder also contains the EQ\'d samples for the ff-layer. These have \"EQ\" added to their names.

The pp-sample, p-sample, mf-sample, and the f-sample for A4,(for instance), are all named \"A4\". So to be able to keep the different velocity levels organized, and avoid a mix-up of samples that belong in different velocities, it is good to create seperate folders on your hard drive before download.

As soon as the samples are downloaded and you have loaded the articulation file, you can replace the samples in the Editor. To replace a sample in the -5dB layer (f), click on the + in front of the folder labeled -5dB in the window to the left in the Editor. The folder will open up and display the individual samples.

Right-click on the sample you are to replace, and choose \"replace\". In the box that opens up, go to the \"-5dB\" folder you downloaded the -5dB samples to. Click on the downloaded sample, and then \"open\".

Now continue with the same procedure for next sample. Remember to put the -6dB sample in the -6dB folder. When all new samples are in place, close the Editor and save.

Either \"Frontpage 2000\" or my server, does not allow the character \"#\" in file-names. Therefore sample names such as \"D#4\" are impossible. So, to be able to provide sharp samples for download the character \"x\" is used instead of \"#\".

After downloading a sample that contains a \"x\" in the name, yuo should substitute the character \"x\" with a \"#\" before it is inserted in the Instrument.

Another peculiar thing about the way the downloads from the server works, is that, at download the compressed samples somehow will be recognized as wave samples, and an additional file extension: .wav is added. So, a *.dxl sample will be downloaded as *.dxl.wav . The additional file extension need to be deleted from the file name.

This is done by right-clicking on the sample, choose \"rename\", click in the field where the file name is displayed. Then move the cursor all the way behind the last character. This is easiest done by using the keyboard right arrow. Now use \"backspace\" until the file name is changed from *.dxl.wav to *.dxl .Then click \"Enter\".

GigaSampler and GigaStudio uses different file extensions for compressed waves. Even though it is the exactly the same wave.

Instead of supplying the same wave twice on the website, the compressed waves are supplied only with the .dxl extension. GigaSampler users must therefore rename any *.dxl(.wav) files to \"*.wa!\".

For instance: You download D#4. It saves onto your hard drive as \"Dx4.dxl.wav\" Rename to \"D#4.wa!\" before inserting into the instrument, if you are using GigaSampler.

GigaStudio users rename to: \"D#4.dxl\"

Notice that uncompressed *.wav files such as C6.wav downloads with the correct name, and need no change.

Hope this helps,

Hans

[This message has been edited by Hans Adamson (edited 11-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Hans Adamson (edited 11-21-2001).]

Thank you Hans, I am going to try this

Also the new Gigastudio V2.5 is on the website. I am updating, since I have Windows 2000. This is very exciting. Gigastudio 2.5 and new Malmsjo. This is wonderfull!!!

Hans I just wanted to know if the Velocities that you recommend with the Kawai MP9000.

Could you give me some settings to use Malmsjo with the Fatar Studiologic SL 1100?

I really like this feel of the keyboard.

I have 3 Keyboards I really looked at

kawai Mp9000, Great feel but is getting old, and I dont like the Midi Capabilities.

2. Tried Yamaha P80--Great feel, but feel it is very restricted for Midi Capability

3. I chose Fatar SL1100- Excellent feel. Very impressed as most Kurzweil/Fatar feel to light for me, but this is a very good Model Sl 1100 is the best I think for true Piano feel and having Midi capabiliies, a winner!!!

Let me know if you have any tips for using Malmsjo with Fatar Sl100 velocities.

Thanks for sharing some light

After all I am living in a cave.

Caveman

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hans Adamson:
    Just to let all \"MAG 1.5\" users know, that there is now an \"Update Download\" page at our website.

Gigastudio users can take advantage of a new articulation file offering versions with wider dynamics of all pianos.

Users of both GigaSampler and GigaStudio can download replacement samples.

http://www.artvista.net/Update%20Download.htm

Hans
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tack sä mycket Hans!

Daniel

Caveman,

I haven\'t tried the Fatar SL1100. If I had access to one I could possibly make an articulation specifically for it. At this time, I don\'t have any recommendations other than to check your keyboard response alternatives, and make sure that you choose one that will give you a midi-response range velocity= 10-120.

Also you would want your velocity values to average 65-70. If your average velocity is around 100 you\'re going to trigger the ff-layer mostly, which is not recommended.

Daniel, varsagod. Hoppas du gillar den nya artikulationen.

Hans

Just to say that I loaded the upgrade last night. The new .art files make a huge difference and make the instrument much more responsive.
    Replacing some of the slightly out of tune samples, (particularly C6) also improves things. IMO this piano gets better and better.

Note for Hans.
    Do you intend to replace some of the other other slightly detuned samples i.e. B1, C#2 and F#2?

Keep up the excellent work

Simon

Simon,

Thanks for letting me know. I am glad you liked it. I will check the notes you suggested.

Hans Adamson
    Art Vista Productions

Go Back to forum