• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilogy problem, or am I dumb?

Share/Bookmark

Trilogy problems, or am I dumb?

Hi all, Just got and installed Trilogy, but I'm a little puzzled about how the 'slide' effect works. I know it's a velocity thing, but for some reason it only slides up the 'fretboard' when I hit the black notes Is this how it should behave?

Also, Just downloaded the updates for Windows. Every time I try and install, I get the message telling me the trilogy folder does not exist. It's trying to install here: E:\Program Files\Spectrasonics\Trilogy Everything up to the Trilogy folder is in place, but I have no Trilogy folder. When I installed, I left it as default location, but just changed the drive. The DAT file resides just in the \Spectrasonics folder. If I point it at that location, it just says the folder already exists, do I want to install anyway? ARGH! My head hurts.

I've read about people having issues with locating the DAT file, but nothing about having trouble locating the folder.

Any ideas?

Re: Trilogy problem, or am I dumb?

What the hell does that mean? Yes, some of us get tired of people that come to a message board connected to a Movie Saga and then proceed to bash the creator of said series. I mean, why are these people here? Because of George Lucas, period.

I don't have a problem debating the movies and I DO SEE FLAWS in the Star Wars movies, I've never seen a flawless movie and I love to answer questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity maniac View Post
    What the hell does that mean? Yes, some of us get tired of people that come to a message board connected to a Movie Saga and then proceed to bash the creator of said series. I mean, why are these people here? Because of George Lucas, period.

I don't have a problem debating the movies and I DO SEE FLAWS in the Star Wars movies, I've never seen a flawless movie and I love to answer questions.
    Now I really am confused.

Moving on.....

Can someone who uses Trilogy please clarify the 'slide' effect. This thing about only sliding on to black notes has me stumped. Although the reply I got from Spectrosonics sort of stated it is the case, but Trillian would rectify:

I think it's more velocity sensitive. The good news is Trilian, which is coming out June 29th, 2009 and will be free for 2009 Trilogy customers, will have the slide on every note, to every note functionality you are asking about.

Not sure what they meant by velocity sensitive, I know that and it makes no odds. So anyhow, any Trilogy uses out there can offer help to a drowning noobe who is on a vertical learning curve with both Trilogy and Omnisphere!?

Your confused Nomy ? Think Celebrity Maniac is more confused....
    (sorry cant help with your Trilogy problem)

Go Back to forum