• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone using Atmosphere standalone on a 2nd/"external" computer?

Share/Bookmark

Question Anyone using Atmosphere standalone on a 2nd/"external" computer?

I have so many songs (and self-programmed sounds) on Atmosphere that moving to an Intel Mac gives me a problem. I'm wondering whether it's practical to run Atmosphere externally on a second, non-Intel computer (such as a Mac Mini) as part of a setup with the sequencer (Logic in my case) running on the Intel Mac, my main computer.

Another problem though is that the sounds are only saved as plugin settings within Logic, so I would really need to run Atmosphere within Logic on the "external" Mac. That can be done I'm sure.

Is anyone doing anything like this, and how well does it work, please?

If only someone would create a way to easily reproduce Atmosphere patches within Omnisphere!! So far my efforts to transfer Atmosphere settings to Omnisphere have not resulted in programs which sound the same.

Thanks for any feedback!!

Nigel

Re: Anyone using Atmosphere standalone on a 2nd/"external" computer?

I'm using it on a second PC which is not my main workstation and running it in a vst host called Forte' Ensemble, sending midi data to it using MidiOverLan and it works great.

Thanks Steve!! I didn't think of that, actually I have a spare PC sitting right here, would do nicely ;-)

best

Nigel

I also had lots of Atmosphere presets inside Pro Tools sessions that were inaccessible once I upgraded to Leopard. So I removed the system drive with Tiger/Atmosphere/Trilogy from my Pro Tools mac and put it in an external FW case, and put a new system drive in the PT mac with Leopard and all new installs. Whenever I need to access old Atmosphere presets in Pro Tools, I just boot up the computer off the Tiger drive and open the old PT session, record the Atmosphere part(s) to an audio track, reboot in Leopard and import into my new PT session. A bit of a hassle, but I can recover 3 years of 'lost' Atmosphere parts when I need them.
    a $120k business degree will get you a job on Wall Street - a $120k Berklee degree will get you a job on Beale Street...

Go Back to forum