• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Puppy Frenetica !##@!!

Arrow Puppy Frenetica !##@!!

Okay, This is the antithesis of my last piece, Farewell Nocturne. Dan and others on this forum were right when they hinted that I needed to go out and find another canine companion right away, after Walt died. I actually did do that. My new pup is named Bruegel (pronounced Broi-gle) after the famous Flemish painter.

However, I've forgotten how much energy a puppy has. Oh my gosh.....what spunk!. So I had to write a piece for Bruegel. The jazzy sections come from his pension for chasing his tail around and around in circles, which usually ends up by him toppling over some furniture. I didn't know I had so much porcelain in the house...well...had.

At any rate, the piece depicts his ceaseless energy. I included the score if you're interested. It is fairly difficult to play and you need large hands to do so (10ths+) but if your not gifted with large paws, just roll the chords or leave out some notes, probably won't notice anyway.

This will probably be my last post for awhile since this is my busy time of year for work. (I'm happy that my work is picking up actually, it was bleak for awhile.) But I'll be back when things quiet down a bit.

Puppy Frenetica (music)

Puppy Frenetica (score)

Re: Puppy Frenetica !##@!!

That is delightful, Mr. Cass. It almost sounds like an up-tempo ragtime piece.

I like it. Thanks for posting it.

My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander

a quick comment about the score: since this is piano music, there is no need for the "V.S." at the bottom of all the even-numbered pages. It is assumed that all "solo" music for piano will require rapid page turns, so it is, in effect, redundant.

Wow---I get the picture, Chris--that must be one hyper puppy!

Very fun piece, and I like Larry's comment that it's rather a fast tempo rag.

As for "V.S." at the bottom of every page---yes, that's automatically placed at the bottom of every page by notation programs--A rather odd thing to leave comment on while making none on the fun music.

Thanks, Chris!

Central Illinois

Hi Cass, I like this piece, you are a gifted musician! Sounds like the puppy got into the "puppy uppers". At the end it sounds like the pooch is winding down for a little nap. Thanks for sharing this! John

"Raggin' good." A very nice tribute to your new pup and so full
    of "energy" (very descriptive of a young-un'). I would also like
    to say, besides an excellent piano score, your piano sound is
    really great. Also like your creative style of irregular musical
    phrases.......some extended ones really add interest.

Sorry you have to leave for awhile. I always enjoy your talented,
    creative offerings.

Now, get down to business..............lol

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Outstanding Cass, is joyful, tender and sparkling at the same time, the structure is very interesting too, a blend of several styles, very well weaved. Congratulations and good luck with your job and life. Come back soon!

One look from their puppy eyes and one is ‘lost’ forever, isn’t that so…?
    And there you are starting it all over again…the joyful together with the less joyful affair with a new four-legged friend…!

I listened to the music before I read your post, and what I heard was the funny adventures of a very young and inexperienced creature in this world, trying to do this or that while learning to get along… tripping, falling down, rolling around, getting up and… doing it all over again…

So you really captured the essence of it all in your unique way of composing.
    It’s great how you can take these stories from your life and turn them into music!

Enjoy your new adventure and return to us soon!

Suburban NYC

That was great Cass!

Really nice composition and performance. Wonderful harmonic progression, with the little meter changes here and there adding to the depiction of the subject at hand (or foot!).

He's a lucky dog (as they say); there's many people who will never have as nice a piece of music written about them! Have a great time with the new Pooch.

PS: Thanks for including the score ... there's a lot to learn from your composition ... thanks for generously sharing it.

that is some fun writing!

Now !!!!!

where's a picture of that puppy?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast