• Register
  • Help

Topic: horror strings

horror strings

I\'m composing music for a suspense film, and would like to get an opinion on what series of string samples would offer the best instances of suspensful loops and psycho string effects. I\'ve heard kirk hunter is good for this, but what about garritan?

Re: horror strings

I posted a reply in teh GOS forum, but incase anyone else wants to know. Heres teh reply about GOS samples.

Holy Hauntings batman!!!
    Any of the Avante Garde Samples, The FX samples, Glisses,Below the bridge bows, Ponticelli tremelo, below the Bridge pizzi, glissandos. Lots of dusonant voicings (lots of Minor Second intervals) with the non vibrato sustain samples. Use Marcatto and Spicatto samples for the hard Psycho type attacks, and pay them with grace/ghost notes. I dont have KH srings but I think GOS would blow away KH for horror/suspense with all these options.

Really...I am an Idiot

Re: horror strings

GOS is fantastic for fx and the marcato violins as said above by King are so good you can do these yourself I personally like the harmonics as well.
    Advanced Orchestra has a patch called \"Orchestral Effects\" that actually has a few psycho string-like stabs on the strings keyswitch note, but if I were you and going to spend the money, go with GOS.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-22-2001).]

Go Back to forum