• Register
  • Help

Topic: DP 6.02 Problem: Looking for Solution

Share/Bookmark

DP 6.02 Problem: Looking for Solution

I find that Dp 6.02 will continue to load and unload my Instruments.
    I am sure there is a setting and explanation for this.

Can anyone help me out here and explain why this happening with a solution?

Re: DP 6.02 Problem: Looking for Solution

Yeah that happens to me too. My solution is to use Logic 8

Yeah, It's DP's new VI prerendering. When you close the window of any VI and none of the midi tracks feeding it are armed, DP will start to prerender the instrument in the same fashion that DP 5 prerendered audio effects. The purpose is to free up computer resources. However when you arm a midi track associated with the VI or open a window or edit the midi, etc. the VI has to reload so that it will work in real time.

If it bugs you to much, you can turn it off by going to Prefs/Plugins and set the pull downs to:
    Always play VI's in real time (or something like that).

I see the preference and thanks. Is it best to maybe keep this on and preserve CPU?

Actually I was having lots of weird problems with DP on my new MAC Pro with Omnisphere and other VI and since I changed that pref in audio-plug-ins everything seems to work much better. Give it a try.

It's not a problem, it's actually a feature, and it will let you get more out of your CPU than Logic will.

I'm having no problems at at all with leaving prerendering on, on either my 8-core or my mbp 1.83GHZ (where it helps a lot).

Whenever a VI (or effect) window is open, prerendering is turned off and the plug runs in real time; when you close the window, it rebuffers the VI or effect and engages prerendering.

So, in order to keep VIs from reloading inconveniently, I leave them open or minimized (running in real time) as long as i'm laying down parts for them. Once I'm done, then I close the window. Works like a charm.

P.S. Motunation.com is generally the most effective place to post DP related questions.

Thankyou for all your great help!

One last thing.

If you have Omnishpere, it does NOT work with DP pre-rendering and you'll get some funky things happening.

If you leave prerendering on for everything else, just make sure you choose "play in real time" for the instance of Omnishpere you have loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by magnumpraw View Post
    One last thing.

If you have Omnishpere, it does NOT work with DP pre-rendering and you'll get some funky things happening.

If you leave prerendering on for everything else, just make sure you choose "play in real time" for the instance of Omnishpere you have loaded.
    Yeah I've witnessed so very funky stuff happening. I was also having problems with Symphobia. I thought it was a global setting. How do you adjust that per plug-in?
    Which ones are preferable to have set to pre-gen mode?

At the top of each plugin window itself is a DP menu which allows you to set the pregen preferences for that particular plugin; you can choose to just have that instance be realtime or you can choose to have that plug always default to opening in realtime (which is the option you want for Omnisphere and Symphobia).

For best performance, it's optimal to identify the VIs/FX which are a problem with preren and just set those to default to realtime whenever they're opened. Leave as many as you can with preren enabled.

I don't have Omni or Symphobia; I do have a ton of other VIs/FX and so far I've had no problems with leaving preren on for all of them.

Go Back to forum