• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Re-registration of GSO 3.21

Share/Bookmark

Re-registration of GSO 3.21

A friend of mine (really ) has not been able to get a response from the Tascam customer service department to re-register his licensed GSO 3.21 after moving it to a new PC. This after three weeks of trying.

Is Tascam still providing registrations? If not is there a safe and ethical workaround?

Can hardly wait for a 64 Bit ARIA which fully supports gigs and GigaPulse.

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Re-registration of GSO 3.21

Does anyone know if the registration system is working?

I'm looking to install some new hardware and reformat my Gigastudio machines, but don't want to do this if it ends up killing the setup.

lurking and awaiting an answer...
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

The online system was working as of two weeks ago. I think it'll be maintained until all the legacy GS4 product is accounted for...at least I hope it will. You need that site to do GS4 upgrades, but...
    Besides re-registering new machines with existing licenses there's this:

I understand that there's an algorithm built into the copy protection for GS3 that will randomly disable Giga and ask you to re-register with a new number. I built two machines that spent the last year on the road with Niel Diamond and the only issue they had after traveling all over the world was Giga disabling itself one night and asking for a new registration...nice! The backup machine was in place so the band played on, but it could've been a disaster!
    I've seen this happen many times to customers machines...usually when the machine is being serviced or rebuilt and the program is being reinstalled (even with the backup activation code).

Gary, if you monitor this thread would you consider creating a patch that disables that annoying feature?

Thenks, Jack Conrad/Canyon Computers

I have never experienced that; only when there was a hardware change. I believe the issue you're describing has to do with the fact that the machines were rebuilt - not a random disabling of the software. My current GS3 machine has been running without such a problem since my last hardware mod well over two years ago.

-Belbin

My system has also not had this de-registration problem, though I have had to re-register when changing certain pieces of hardware. This is my biggest worry now with GS3 being discontinued by GIGA. I still rely heavily on it and just can't switch to using my GS4 for everything yet. Worried what happens if they switch off the registration systems and I then upgrade my audio workstation.

You're right about this occurring most often during upgrades or even repairs, but it does happen randomly as well. I'm exposed to a large number of these machines and have probably had the opportunity to see a broader spectrum of users issues than most.
    All I'm sayin' is that I think it's a problem that could be easily solved...I don't doubt my customers story.
    BTW I have a dozen Giga 4s in service on Quad core/ XP x64 machines, w/8GBs of ram...no problems, no issues and no down time.
    Good luck in all you do, jc

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjaxx View Post
    You're right about this occurring most often during upgrades or even repairs, but it does happen randomly as well. I'm exposed to a large number of these machines and have probably had the opportunity to see a broader spectrum of users issues than most.
    All I'm sayin' is that I think it's a problem that could be easily solved...I don't doubt my customers story.
    BTW I have a dozen Giga 4s in service on Quad core/ XP x64 machines, w/8GBs of ram...no problems, no issues and no down time.
    JC,

Drifting a bit off my own topic, but would you please comment further on GS4? Is it compatible with all 3.21 gig and gsp files? Would you recommend grabbing one of the upgrades while we still can?

Joe Hardy

I would recommend it, absolutely...it's the best $175 you could spend on music right now. It is so much more stable than GS3 ever was and in 64 bit you can use it in a quad core machine with 8 gigs of ram...take the place of 2 1/2 to 3 Giga 3s. I've built a bunch of 'em and I get no complaints from owners what so ever.
    You can load gsps from GS3 into GS4 but once saved can't go back so change names before saving of course. All the gig files work just fine.
    I think there's an app on Tascam's website that's a fix for files getting screwed up in the transition, but I've never experienced it. I think if you leave files in their native *.gig you're okay. I know changing 1s and 2s to 3s caused a lot of problems and was totally unneccessary.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodjaxx View Post
    I would recommend it, absolutely...it's the best $175 you could spend on music right now. It is so much more stable than GS3 ever was and in 64 bit you can use it in a quad core machine with 8 gigs of ram...take the place of 2 1/2 to 3 Giga 3s. I've built a bunch of 'em and I get no complaints from owners what so ever.
    You can load gsps from GS3 into GS4 but once saved can't go back so change names before saving of course. All the gig files work just fine.
    I think there's an app on Tascam's website that's a fix for files getting screwed up in the transition, but I've never experienced it. I think if you leave files in their native *.gig you're okay. I know changing 1s and 2s to 3s caused a lot of problems and was totally unneccessary.
    JC,

Thanks for your reply. That's just the info I needed.

Joe

Go Back to forum