• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Riding The Solar Wind

Share/Bookmark

Riding The Solar Wind

I got board and grumpy not doing music after I finished my CD so I started a new project, it's titled Surfing With The Angels. Here is the first song, Riding The Solar Wind.

http://www.box.net/shared/d6d3lgfj3p

4 synth tracks ~ Yamaha So8
    1 organ track ~ Yamaha So8
    1 bass guitar track ~ Fender P-Bass

GPO tracks:
    Cellos
    Violas
    Violins
    French Horns
    Trombones

Now I have to go do yard work......lucky me. NOT!

EDIT..............................

I put a long fade at the end. That is the version up now.
    Last edited by Hippie; 05-01-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Because I can...next question.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Re: Riding The Solar Wind

WHeeeeee, looks like I'm the first lucky soul here in The Listening Room to ride the solar wind!

Spectacular, Aram. Your by-now trademark Big, Mellatronish use of string chords laying their silvery bed down so the Brass can majestically call out their cosmic heraldry. Works very nicely.

A mixing idea for the ending fade - if the reverb was boosted up as the levels go down - that's a great effect, and would send this ending into outer space where he came from. An idea. The music wouldn't fade out in the customary pop way, but instead evaporate into the ether.

Wait a minute!--You said you finished your earlier CD--Then why are you waiting a year before releasing it??--That's what you said on a recent thread. You listed 2010 as the release date. Have your plans been moved up?

Thanks for the spacey ride, "Hippie"--!

Randy (one ol' Hippie to another)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    WHeeeeee, looks like I'm the first lucky soul here in The Listening Room to ride the solar wind!

Spectacular, Aram. Your by-now trademark Big, Mellatronish use of string chords laying their silvery bed down so the Brass can majestically call out their cosmic heraldry. Works very nicely.

A mixing idea for the ending fade - if the reverb was boosted up as the levels go down - that's a great effect, and would send this ending into outer space where he came from. An idea. The music wouldn't fade out in the customary pop way, but instead evaporate into the ether.

Wait a minute!--You said you finished your earlier CD--Then why are you waiting a year before releasing it??--That's what you said on a recent thread. You listed 2010 as the release date. Have your plans been moved up?

Thanks for the spacey ride, "Hippie"--!

Randy (one ol' Hippie to another)
    Thanks Randy. I have another fade ending, I just have to tweak it some more, this one was a quickie. LOL I'll have this looped for the next 5 days listening for little things that bug me, I fix them and then I'll make a final master with the new ending.

As for the CD, it's still set for 2010. Right now I have to pay off some stuff so I can have the money to get the CD out. Sucks to be broke but I still have......wait a minute...no I don't never mind. LOL

Come on up here and I'll put it on for you.

Hi Aram, new age is your style, is very well made, is an excellent and vibrant beginning to your new project. Good luck!.

Victor

Thank you very much Victor.

Very nice. I used to listen to this type of instrumental work a lot, but of all the music I can compare it to, something about it reminds me of an Enya song. Anyway, I enjoyed the ride.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    I got board and grumpy not doing music after I finished my CD so I started a new project, it's titled Surfing With The Angels. Here is the first song, Riding The Solar Wind.
    Nice, nice. This is very smooth... It reminds me of the music to Cosmos (Carl Sagan). I'm riding the waves with you. Surf's up, let's catch the next galactic wind!

best regards,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Aram

I almost always post a piece and then tweak it 5 -10 times while it is on the front page. Sounds like I am not alone in that.

I like the opening in this with the lone woodblock?

The rest is just your typical (and welcome of course) Hippie wall of sound.

Well done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

trentpmcd, Thank you. For some reason this is the kind of music I like to do. I have worked on rock, punk,folk and jazz projects for other artists but when I sit down to do my own, this is what comes out.

Bill , It reminds me of the music to Cosmos (Carl Sagan).

To me that is a huge compliment. Comos was one of my favorite shows and the music was great. I used to do fantasy space art as a hobby. I still do some now and then.

Thanks again.

Ron ,
    Thank you.

I almost always post a piece and then tweak it 5 -10 times while it is on the front page. Sounds like I am not alone in that.

I don't think I am ever done with a song until it is on a master and pressed. Some of the artists I have produced, mixed & mastered always laugh at me when I tell them their tracks are ready, they tell me they will come by in a few weeks to pick them up when I'm really finished. LOL

I started to do a simple drum track but it didn't fit the song so I went with the woodblocks ( I forget what they are called).

Hi Aram! Is that claves that start the track? I like that effect of establishing the rhythm. Like the others have commented, I enjoyed the ride and now I'm in line for the next one! John

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast