• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT - Two days till soigery.

Share/Bookmark

OT - Two days till soigery.

Next Monday is surgery for me. Doesn't bother me except being out of commission for several months or more. No playing me drums, guitar, or keyboard. Yeeshhhh!

Wish me luck!

Re: OT - Two days till soigery.

Hi Styxx, Maybe time to take up a wind instrument. At least practice on the harmonica, kazoo or something. Best of luck to you, enjoy the bit of time off, work hard during your rehab, and then put it all behind you! John

Well, I expect the hardest part will be staying away from the instruments! When you do return to them, and recover from the absence, you will probably find that you will come back stronger than previously. At various times, I have not played piano or organ for lengthy periods, and when I returned, that is what happened to me.

Richard

If you decide to play something in the hospital, select an instrument that is high pitched and twangy - it drives the nurses crazy. They think it's an instrument failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    If you decide to play something in the hospital, select an instrument that is high pitched and twangy - it drives the nurses crazy. They think it's an instrument failing.

Ohhh. . . you do NOT want to drive the "nurses crazy". We have ways of getting even! LOL! Just kidding!

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, Styxx. (Don't be afraid to ask for the pain med to help keep you comfortable. )

Ted (ICU/CCU Staff Nurse )
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

I am sure you will be in good hands Mike!
    Dan

Thanks gents! Actually, it is being performed out patient procedure usingk one of those scope-y type of thingies where the shove a telescope up your arm and have a looksee. I think it's call the "Hubble" procedure.

Yes, I concur with efiebke our resident nurse and the pain meds will be definitely obtained!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

All the best and keep smiling. The best instrument in the world is you. Always think of the birght side of it: free meals, free coffee, free caring, free Styxx (analogy to Free Willy), nobody complains when you are snoaring... but still, we will see you back in good health, I am sure.

Raymond

No worries Mike - Endoscopic surgeries are known for reducing recovery time. You'll be back a'raring to go before you know it.

BTW, headphones are a good friend during surgery recovery.

Steve

Look at this as an opportunity to learn how to play the kazoo really well.

Good luck with the surgery Styxx!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum