• Register
  • Help

Topic: If you had to buy only one bass library.....

Share/Bookmark

If you had to buy only one bass library.....

which one would you choose?

Dan Dean, Scarbee\'s, someone elses?

I need to make a decision.
    Thanks.

Re: If you had to buy only one bass library.....

This is a tough question. I have several bass libraries, except for Scarbee\'s stuff.
    It sounds like money is an issue. If you are looking for a good package with alot of variety then Dan Deans\'s Giga Bass Collection is the one to get. Next up I\'d recommend Yellow Tools E-Bass series #1. For $135.00 you get Fendor Jazz (mute,picked,slap) Fendor Precision (fingered,picked,mute). If money was no object I\'d say purchase Scarbee\'s libraries, J-Slap and J-Fingered. The reason I havn\'t purchased Scarbee\'s stuff is I am waiting for the Fingered and Picked versions to be available.

Thanks Munsie, isn\'t money always an issue? ;o)
    I\'m a keyboard player, so buying several piano libraries is not a problem. Most of the basses in my sound modules are decent enough for sitting in a mix, but for solos & intro\'s, they just don\'t cut it. I like Scarbee\'s stuff, but I don\'t want to have to buy 3 or 4 libraries to get all the different techniques. Maybe if he doesn a \"greatest hits\"?

Hi DansS,

Don\'t expect a greatest hits...

The reason for dividing the techniques in several CD\'s are the fact that many people only want one technique at a time: some only want fingered - others Picked, etc.

The other thing is that I like to do the libraries highly detailed, so they will be more expensive than libraries not so detailed.

When I release all 6 Expansions to J-Fingered and J-Slap there are more than 8.000 samples of this instrument! And I havent even done the J-Picked yet...

I just spend US$4000,- on a Fretless bass that I will sample next - I could have bought one for 1000 or 500 but you get what you pay for...

cheers

Scarbee

------------------
    Visit www.scarbee.com and check out the demoes from The Scarbee Bass Libraries

[This message has been edited by SCARBEE (edited 11-16-2001).]

Hi Scarbee, I had a feeling you\'d get in on this. ;o) I haven\'t ruled out your discs by any means. I just don\'t have an unlimited budget for Giga bass libraries either. I do have a lot of respect for the way you keep in touch with your users on this forum as well. Shows a lot of integrity.

Ha,ha,ha...

I had the feeling you wanted to \"invite\" me
    to this thread...

I completely understand you and fortunately there are many other good bass libararies out there with different approaches.

good hunting!

cheers

Scarbee

Scarbee,

i think the important thing for the user group (and customer bass-sorry!) is to know that there IS a bass library with that level of detail.

I\'ve been impressed with the demos, and then the call for bass players to beta your new lib. Again, shows care and consideration that separates the great from the adequate!

Can\'t afford you today, but you are DEFINITELY on my \'gotta-have\' list (I\'ve told my family-who knows what Santa might bring/ Ho Ho HO!

Thanks for caring enough to do it right.

Dasher

Go Back to forum