• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3: how to get out of REWIRE mode into stand alone GSIF mode?

Share/Bookmark

GS3: how to get out of REWIRE mode into stand alone GSIF mode?

I'm running Gigastudio 3 on a PC, in Windows XP,
    using MOTU 828 MkII, installed latest drivers, the PC 'sees' the Motu.
    The set up is used as a sampler player. Macpro+ Logic8 triggers it via midi

The setup always worked fine in GSIF stand alone mode, now all of a sudden Gigastudio is in REWIRE mode, and there is no way to get out of this!

When I am in GS3 and I select system settings or diagnostic mode, it says: not safe to change settings in rewire mode, so I have to quit, go to the config. manager only to find the word REWIRE in grey under the hardware tab. I have also tried to disable the rewire functionality in the config. manager, but that makes no difference either.

Please help, as my music dealer does not know how to solve this either
    and Tascam does not reply.

sincerely
    JacobTV

Re: GS3: how to get out of REWIRE mode into stand alone GSIF mode?

Just a guess ... but it seems like possibly you don't have an audio out driver selected.
    So ... open the config and select your sound card and make sure there is a green check mark beside one of the outputs for that card.

It seems to me that in order to get the most out of the LS Drum software ... but it is my understanding that when using rewire, you bypass the GSIF ... GS3 running in REWIRE mode via Sonar 4 PE ... I have used GS both ways and I prefer to use it stand alone as long as I get everything working right.

Hey Jacob, If this is still an issue try over-installing the last GS3 r3.21 (as I remember) and see if that doesn't fix you up. It's been the cure for most of the midi problems I've run into and may take care of your audio issue as well. Cheers, jc

Go Back to forum