• Register
  • Help

Topic: Music for Commercials TV ???

Share/Bookmark

Music for Commercials TV ???

Hi ,

Could anybody tell me what a Music Production Company actually is an does? I'm wanting to write music for advertising (TV commercials) and have been told that a Music Production Company is who i ought to approach and work for as a freelance composer. However after considerable research i'm finding that a Music Production Company is actually many things.. so could anyone point me in the right direction as to where i could engage myself for writing ads for TV?

Thanks
    Mm.
    Music.. the many characters of how God speaks to us all

Re: Music for Commercials TV ???

In addition to my acting career, I also develop software for companies in the entertainment industry. One of my clients licenses music for use in commericals, film and TV. So I know what sort of company you are referring to. You might want to google "music licensing" and see what you come up with.

Hi ejr, thanks for your responce,

Basically my point is all TV & film companies need music for their projects yes! ok, so where do these companies go to find the music their looking for, wherever this place is, is where i need to be asking for work as a freelance composer to be on their books for any projects they may receive correct??

What are these places called, are they music production companies? music ad agencies? what?

the term music production company is pretty general.
    Look for "prouduction music libraries" and "music supervisors". Lower budget productions and series TV shows tend to go with production music libraries because its an easy access clearing house type of thing where you can search for music and buy a license quickly, inexpensively, and efficiently.
    film and higher end TV productions will hire music supervisors who then in turn seek out popular songs, indie artists and/or composers to write a custom score.
    you can also look up "music houses" which are more or less a team of a few composers under contract who work like an ad agency to seak out productions to compose for.
    also a good place to consider is a place called TAXI.com, which is more like an online manager where you pay for a membership and receive listings for music wanted and also get critiques and helpful guidance. hope this helps you out. good luck

Thanks for that conwaylemmon, it did help! appreciated..

Musicmad.

Go Back to forum