• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some help for a newbie

Share/Bookmark

Question Some help for a newbie

Hello! I recently purchased JABB and I´m really amazed with its possibilities. I write arrangements and compositions with Finale and I play them through JABB. Now I ´d like them to sound a bit more realistic. How can I use the expression controls as breathe, aftertouch... with these written parts? Do I have to have a midi keyboard to use them?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Some help for a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Harryjazz View Post
    Hello! I recently purchased JABB and I´m really amazed with its possibilities. I write arrangements and compositions with Finale and I play them through JABB. Now I ´d like them to sound a bit more realistic. How can I use the expression controls as breathe, aftertouch... with these written parts? Do I have to have a midi keyboard to use them?

Thank you in advance!
    Harryjazz.

In Finale you can use their midi tools or human playback to add or generate this type of midi data. If you're able, recording midi from a keyboard or better a wind controller will usually yield a more realistic performance due to the human variance in timing and dynamics especially with a breath controller. The Phrase Modeled Performance Multi tries to automate these nuances (for the keyboard & wind instrument challenged like myself) however it is incompatible with Finale's human playback so human playback must be turned off.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I ´m going to buy a midi keyboard next week. I´ve tried to use your program but Kontack Player 2 says it has been made with a newer version of Kontact and it doesn´t work.
    Kind regards
    hArRyJaZz

Quote Originally Posted by Harryjazz View Post
    Thanks a lot for your answer. I ´m going to buy a midi keyboard next week. I´ve tried to use your program but Kontack Player 2 says it has been made with a newer version of Kontact and it doesn´t work.
    Kind regards
    Glad to help. As for the keyboard try to get one with aftertouch, the Axiom series looks pretty good.

The K2 Player update is free and includes updates to the library, well worth your time to upgrade. The Multi's were created with the 2.2.4.001 version. I believe it is up to 2.2.5 now which should work fine. Link to update instructions

Go Back to forum