• Register
  • Help

Topic: Program change

Share/Bookmark

Program change

In a midi channel, if I've assigned a violin, and I want to play a pizzicatto, I need to make a progam change, but With Garritan Library can I make a program change?

Greetings for all.

Re: Program change

For changing between articulations, you need to use the "KS" versions of instruments. KS stands for Key Switch. In the GPO manual, you'll find the listings for what keys below the playable range will change between the various samples, including from Arco to Pizzicato. The needed key switch is played but not heard as part of your sequence, and the new sound will play.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Fco. Luis View Post
    In a midi channel, if I've assigned a violin, and I want to play a pizzicatto, I need to make a progam change, but With Garritan Library can I make a program change?

Greetings for all.
    Hello Fco. Luis and welcome to our forums.

As a matter of interest, which sequencer are you using GPO in?
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Fco. Luis View Post

Greetings for all.
    Among other things the Phrase Modeled Performance Multi available here triggers pizzicato and tremolo key switches from their cooresponding program changes. The multi also will key switch Up/down and sustain bowing and automate legato (no need to send the legato cc) based on the incoming midi.

As Randy pointed out you will still need to use the KS strings

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    Hello Fco. Luis and welcome to our forums.

As a matter of interest, which sequencer are you using GPO in?
    I use Cubase 5.

Go Back to forum