• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Reach Beyond Tomorrow by A Live Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

The Reach Beyond Tomorrow by A Live Orchestra

This is a performance of the piece I wrote for my book by the same title. It is performed by the Lorain Community Civic Orchestra conducted by Dr. Robert Beckstrom. The performance took place this past February 7, 2009. I just received my copy of the DVD and I would like to share it with my friends here in the Garritan Community. If I may be so bold, the novel is for sale at my website: www.william-rayer.com

Feel free to check it out. I have been told its a great story and a quick read. It can also be found on Amazon.com

For your listening pleasure, here are the videos of each of the 4 movements:

Movement I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQB1EyO0VO4

Movement II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN2H-R2uryM

Movement III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI2v4AKarBY

Movement IV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRPeXE_gaEI

As always,
    Best regards,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: The Reach Beyond Tomorrow by A Live Orchestra

Excellent!

This especially must be a thrill for you!

Bravo!
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

!

REAlly good community orchestra performing deliciously atmospheric music by you- You HAVE to be on cloud Nine with this, Bill!

Thank you for sharing all this with us--Wow!

EDIT: But you shouldn't have cut off the applause after the final movement! Take a little credit and take a good bow!

Randy

Thanks DanielB, it was a thrill.

Thankyou Rbowser (Randy), but the folks taping edited it out. My wife was screaming! I would have included the applause, I passed cloud nine awhile ago.

Best Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Bill - we are green with envy! Seriously, you must be so thrilled to have done this with a pretty darn good orchestra! Sounds great!

Regards - Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Way to go Bill! You must be thrilled.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Steve Winkler

DelCarry - Yes it was a thrill and it is a pleasure to sit among these performers and play. I enjoyed viewing the tape for when you are in the 'heat-of-the-battle' in performance, you don't hear as an audience hears. Thanks for listening,

Steve - As always, it was my pleasure, Thanks for listening.

Best regards,
    Bill

P.S. This piece could not have been realized, if it had not been for the excellent tools that Gary Garritan provides. Real orchestra here or not, Gary's samples made the effort all worth while. A special thanks to Gary!

Challenge #10 Winner

By the way, Bill -In response to my earlier reply, you explained why the applause is cut off:

"...the folks taping edited it out..."

!! Criminey! I'd be with your wife, screaming over that blunder! I'm sure the people who did the taping are very nice folks, but it is inexplicably STrange to me that anyone would think it's OK to chop off the audience response in a live taping.

They're not alone by any means, however - I see it happen time after time. The local theatre group has many recordings of shows where as soon as the lights black out after the last line, CHOP!--the recording ends just as the applause starts. You can just picture the camera crew instantly hustling to throw their gear in their bags so they can rush home. I don't get it.

I think they must be thinking of their function as purely utilitarian - turn a camera on, make a record of the Thing, the event, without any realization or care that they really should be thinking in artistic terms - that they can make their video a thing of beauty on its own, so that of COUrse it wouldn't just be chopped off like the damaged end of an old 8mm movie or something.

It doesn't show much comprehension of how live performances are unique events involving the give and take between audience and performers - and that the applause at the end is a major contribution from the audience. It also seems like a lack of appreciation for the people they've been pointing the cameras at.

Oh my---I Do go on. THis just pushed my button again when the new response boosted this post - I HAd to come here and rant about the flawed tape you have of the concert.

---Trivial stuff compared to the concert itself. Congratulations again on that, Bill. Simply great.

Randy

Randy - you are so right. But most tech guys that record only know how start and stop a camera - they don't realize the pay we performers and composers recieve from the applause for most of them have never performed. I for one would never perform again if the only compensation I recieved was $$$. The appreciation of your efforts through applause is what any entertainer thrives on. I can't imagine the feeling if after performing your heart out the audience would silently leave with no applause - arghh, I would die...

Thanks for the comments.

Best regards,
    Bill

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum