• Register
  • Help

Topic: Struttin Onward (jazz)

Struttin Onward (jazz)

Here's the latest compilation and arrangement of a tune the band LWJ did. Features flute and trombone solo. Kind of a sassy strut-like tune. Very busy at times. I recommend playing this one loud.

Rich Garber
    Living Waters Jazz

Re: Struttin Onward (jazz)

This is a well named and thoroughly enjoyable piece. There were a couple of points where I thought the small drum rolls sounded a little mechanical but I am being picky.

I also think the trumpets towards the end were lacking a little dynamic variation. But once again I am nitpicking.

This was very enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing.

Well, Rich - Your dedication to jazz is displayed in a stellar way with this track. Now really, most people wouldn't be analyzing and picking over your use of software to realize this recording, they'd just be enjoying the music - because you've made the use of technology virtually invisible in this superb piece.

We could all only be so fortunate to wield as mighty a musical sword as you!

Thank you very much.

I always wished to be able to make such music myself. Sounds great to me. Nice "divertimento" on a sunday mothersday afternoon. More, please.

Wilton, NH

Very nicely done and very enjoyable. You got the sound and feel perfect.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum