• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Can anyone suggest or write a TTB piece for our vocal ensemble?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Can anyone suggest or write a TTB piece for our vocal ensemble?

Hi guys,

My vocal ensemble "MADGear" is going well. This summer we'll have our first concerts and, in October, we plan to partecipate at the Rimini Choral Competition in the category of vocal ensembles. We have to play 2 repertoires: one for the C category (our category) of four pieces and another one for the D Category (the "Grand Prix Category", and the Rules of the competition wants us to provide in advance the program for this category even if we won't be selected for this one) of three pieces. For the C category, we're on the road, and we have this program ready. For the D category, we have problems, because we have decided only 2 pieces and, of course, I can't prepare one of my TTB pieces as a post 1900 work (the rules say that the directors can't play their own compositions). So I wanted to ask: can anyone suggest us a piece to play in this competition of a post 1900 author (don't say Poulenc, 'cause we're preparing one of the Petites Prieres de Saint François d'Assise) or can anyone write something for us? Please, let us know as soon as possible. The piece must be for TTB (with max T2 or B divisi) and 4-5 minutes long (for the ones who wants to write something for us) with Latin, English or French text of any genre.
    Thanks in advance for helping us.

Best regards,

Andrea.
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

"Square" - The debut album by Andrea Maria Ottavini

Available on http://cdbaby.com/cd/amottavini

Shortly even through iTunes, Napster, Great Indie Music and USA Stores.

Re: OT: Can anyone suggest or write a TTB piece for our vocal ensemble?

I might have time to do something. Two questions first:

1. How soon will you need it?

2. Just to clarify, is this TTB a cappella, or can piano be used?
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

This might be a silly question, but have you already checked the CPDL?

Dan,

You can put the piano, if you want (even if I prefer a cappella). We play even an another piece with the piano, so, it's no problem.

Ian,

yes, I looked even on CPDL and I've found something as for 1800 - 1700 music, but I've found nothing interesting (or possible to play for us) in regards of pieces of post 1900. The only good pieces of this period are for SATB and derivative groups (as SSAATTBB) and we have no girls who sing with us (for now). Anyway, it's still a great website where I found pieces like "Love At Home" by McNaughton or "Adoramus Te Christe" by Martini.

Anyway, 'cause I hate things that are given for nothing, I might open a contest for this one...I'll ask Mr. Garritan if it's possible.

Regards,

Andrea.
    www.andreacomposer.com - News, previews, medias, discography and sheet music download.

I could always make some minor modifications to the Agnus Dei from my mass for TTBB. It's already mostly 2 part-writing, I'm sure I could alter the couple of 4-part sections into a 3-part texture.

Ok, guys. For who wants to write something for us here's the link for the contest I opened in my official website. Good Luck everyone. The deadline is the 10th of June. So, hurry up!

Best regards,

Andrea.

Go Back to forum