• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere on 64 bit vista

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere on 64 bit vista

I have a dual boot pc and want to put Omnisphere on my Vista 64 bit partition and run it inside of Cubase 5 which seems to do a very good job of hosing a lot my other x86 plugins that are not 64 bit yet.

Possible?

Workable?

Can I just install Omnisphere on my vista partition and point it to my sample dirve that has the Omnisphere samples on it and not reinstall the whole bloody thing?

Help!

thanks,
    giga...

Re: Omnisphere on 64 bit vista

I use Omnisphere on Vista 64 with Sonar 6 x64. It works with no problems.

I don't know about the installation for dual boot since I only have Vista 64 on my machine.

-Ranietz-

Re: Omnisphere on 64 bit vista

Hi Giga,

I use Omni with C5 (32Bit Version) on Vista 64 without any problems. I only gave the C5 64Bit a short try and it showed no problems, but I did not do intensive testing, as there are too many plugs like Omni only available in 32Bit at the moment.

The System is really rock solid. I often had RAM issues, when using Omni on Win Xp32 / 4 GByte RAM (even with 3GByte Switch). Now (8 Gigs of RAM an V64) everything is fine since weeks.

Concering reinstall: yes, as far as I remember, I did not even do a reinstall, I only copied the .dll to the plugs folder(?). But I`m not really shure. Maybe you should simply give it a try.

greetings, humphrey
    C5, Forte, Cantabile, Komplete 7, OP-X Pro-II, KORE2, EOS, Halion 3, HSO, FM7, B4, VB3, Sylenth1, virt. Guit., Minimoog V, Stylus RMX exp, Omnisphere, Vista Home Premium 64, Q6600, Gigabyte EP45-DS3R, 8GB RAM Mushkin, 4 Samsung Harddisks / 1,5 TByte, RME Hammerfall DSP with Multiface, Motu Midi Express 128, NI Kore 2, Motif ES7, Fantom XR, Wavestation SR, Plugiator, TC M-One XL, ADA8000

Go Back to forum