• Register
  • Help

Topic: Multis & Phrase modeled Performance ...???

Share/Bookmark

Multis & Phrase modeled Performance ...???

I am using Sonar8 - 64 bits version.

• Loading the free standing Kontakt 2 player comes up with all multi's I ever wanted, when I choose to use them;
    • Loading the KP2 player in Sonar 8 and loading any of the multi's including that beautiful Phrase thing stalls my system, nothing happens. Nothing loads!!!!!

.. and don't tell me to use the 32-bits Sonar version. I upgraded everything to make 64 bits possible, so this is not an option.

Raymond

Re: Multis & Phrase modeled Performance ...???

Raymond, since KP2 is 32 bit, it will be wrapped in Cakewalks BitBridge when running in Sonar x64. I have no personal experience with this setup but have heard, that BitBridge can be troublesome. jBridge is a 3rd party app., that does essentially the same as BitBridge; you could try this instead - with a bit of luck (or 64) it might just do the trick.

Thanks Nickie, will try it (jBridge).

Raymond

Raymond,

Are you able to load instruments into a blank (Kontakt_def) K2 Player instance?

the multi's including that beautiful Phrase thing
    Thanks, very nice to hear

Quote Originally Posted by MMOSC View Post
    Raymond,

Are you able to load instruments into a blank (Kontakt_def) K2 Player instance?
    I am able to load it in the freestanding KP2 player.
    I am NOT able to load it in the filled or empty KP2 (Kontakt_def) player in SONAR.

It is so strange. When I look at the instruments in any JABB multi it is just a bunch of instruments and loading one by one time is successful, but when I am lazy and want to use the multi's nothing happens. Being a multi, that Phrase script doesn't load at all, in SONAR.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    It is so strange. When I look at the instruments in any JABB multi it is just a bunch of instruments and loading one by one time is successful, but when I am lazy and want to use the multi's nothing happens.

Raymond
    Raymond,
    That answers my question.

It is so strange. When I look at the instruments in any JABB multi it is just a bunch of instruments
    Right, a multi is a snapshot of the state of the K2 player, Instruments loaded, Output assignments, Output effects etc. Since the Kontakt_def.nkm that the k2 player loads by default (itself a multi describing NI's idea of the default state) works there must be something in the configuring of these items that's causing the problem. A few more questions - All within Sonar 64bit
    Can you save the blank default multi, Kontakt_def.nkm, unchanged to a new name and load?
    Can you save the blank default multi, Kontakt_def.nkm, with changed Outputs to a new name and load?
    Can you save the blank default multi, Kontakt_def.nkm, with instruments loaded to a new name and load?
    If you fill the k2player by hand and save the Sonar session xxx.cwp, can you reload? and if so is the state of the K2 Player correct?

Quote Originally Posted by MMOSC View Post
    A few more questions - All within Sonar 64bit
    Can you save the blank default multi, Kontakt_def.nkm, unchanged to a new name and load?
    No, loading fails

Can you save the blank default multi, Kontakt_def.nkm, with changed Outputs to a new name and load?
    No, loading fails

Can you save the blank default multi, Kontakt_def.nkm, with instruments loaded to a new name and load?
    No loading

If you fill the k2player by hand and save the Sonar session xxx.cwp, can you reload? and if so is the state of the K2 Player correct?
    Yes, as I set the various parameters.

Raymond

By the way, Mike, don't bother it anymore. Let's wait for ARIA. Or you must be so deeply involved to get this sorted out........

Raymond

Go Back to forum