• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Topic: Where's Ernstinen?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Where's Ernstinen?

    He seems to have disappeared, did he get the mad neighbour or vice versa?
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX


  2. #2

    Re: Where's Ernstinen?

    I'm hoping Ern comes back soon. Awhile back he sent me a message basically saying he wanted to take a break, but I hope he didn't mean a permanent one. Those of us who spend a good deal of time at the Forum do well to take breaks once in awhile.

    Randy

  3. #3

    Re: Where's Ernstinen?

    he had some difficulties with things on here, so he decided to leave. I'm not really sure the exact reasons, but we surely do miss him.
    -Keith Fuller

    http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

  4. #4
    Senior Member rwayland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    California Redwoods
    Posts
    2,937

    Re: Where's Ernstinen?

    Well, I received email from him which makes it clear why he is not participating, and why he is not likely to return. But I would not feel right about revealing the content of the email. Perhaps Gary ought to contact him?

    Richard

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: Where's Ernstinen?

    Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Well, I received email from him which makes it clear why he is not participating, and why he is not likely to return. But I would not feel right about revealing the content of the email. Perhaps Gary ought to contact him?

    Richard
    A number of people were contacted by Ern. Apparently he was upset about another member's response to one of his threads. It is not appropriate to go into details here and best to resolve it privately. Things like this happen in the life of a community from time to time. I did contact Ern and told him he is welcome in the forum.

    Gary

  6. #6

    Re: Where's Ernstinen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    ...Apparently he was upset about another member's response to one of his threads...
    Not just a member, but a moderator. If it were just a member, he might not have left the forum wholesale.

    Personally, I think the water is long past the bridge. Hopefully, Ern will return before too much more water passes...

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: Where's Ernstinen?

    Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst View Post
    Not just a member, but a moderator. If it were just a member, he might not have left the forum wholesale.

    Personally, I think the water is long past the bridge. Hopefully, Ern will return before too much more water passes...
    Makes little difference. We've had about 20 moderators over the years and it is volunteer and we try to rotate moderators. Moderators can guide discussions, are entitled to their own opinion which do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the host or the administrators.

    BTW if others want to volunteer to moderate, please email me.

    The water is long past but Ern knows he is still welcome.

    Best

    Gary

  8. #8

    Re: Where's Ernstinen?

    Hope he comes back very soon!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

    Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

  9. #9

    Re: Where's Ernstinen?

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I'm hoping Ern comes back soon. Awhile back he sent me a message basically saying he wanted to take a break, but I hope he didn't mean a permanent one. Those of us who spend a good deal of time at the Forum do well to take breaks once in awhile.

    Randy
    Same here, got the personal message (some time ago) from Ern that he was takin' a break. I too hope we see him back soon.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

  10. #10

    Re: Where's Ernstinen?

    Thinking back to "the incident", I think there's a lesson there that we can all learn. Without digging up the details, the poster (strongly) second guessed Ern's reaction to an event that Ern had experienced and described.

    The lesson is this: One should not assume that they know what another person experienced or judge that person's reaction. It's similar to telling somebody else how they feel.

    I was in a negotiation recently when an (inexperienced) adversary tried to assert what my position was. It was arrogant, insulting, and out of line. Hackles were raised! (Had he asked to clarify, rather than attempt to define my position, it would have been perfectly fine. - He rightfully lost that particular argument.)

    So, let others own their experiences, feelings, and positions. In other words, defer to the one and only expert in the room on such matters.

    I have no idea how Ern feels about all this today, but I hope he returns soon.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •