• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Not a congratulations thread

Not a congratulations thread

I am not looking for congratulations. The purpose of this thread is to thank the many of you that have helped to keep me going the past few years.

In 1982, I was fresh out of the US Navy and was excited to begin college. I went part time for a few years and had to give it up. Three years ago I decided it was time to try again, so I went back to school full time and hoped for the best.

I graduated yesterday with a BS in Mathematics and am now looking for a teaching job. I know that it doesn't mean much, but I did this with a GPA of 3.9.

The reason I am sharing this is because some here know that I have been in school, but many do not know that this site has been about my only social outlet. Between work, school and studying, I had no time for an outside life, so the only socializing I did was here and I want to thank you all for helping me to stay sane.

So to all, a big heartfelt Thank you!

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Re: Not a congratulations thread

"... thank you all for helping me to stay sane..."

OH no! THIS is your version of sanity?!?!-Then we're all failures here! ARrrrrrrgh!

Ron - Congrats. Big ones.

Whether you want 'em or not -- congratulations, Ron.

I've been aware of your circumstances, of course; and
    to me, having the grit to get in there and do the work
    (and pull out a 3.9, no less) -- now, that's impressive.
    No stranger to mathematics, I might mention that
    that does takes just a bit of mental horsepower, too.

A bow in your direction, Ron, and most definitely a...

All my best,

David Sosnowski

Well, I certainly hope this turns into a congratulations thread.

I had no idea about your circumstances, but you worked hard and have accomplished a great deal. You should be proud! All my best as you look for a teaching job!

And for Pete's sake, go find a better social outlet than this place. Sheesh!

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Orcas Island

What an acheivement and congratulations!

Not only did you make it through a vigorous and challenging program, but you excelled at it. Having a degree in math myself, I know how difficult it is.

This place kept you sane?? That's good the hear as it can drive some crazy

You are an inspiration to many here.

Wishing you more great successes.

All the best,

Way to go, Mr. Ron! I am proud of you, my cyberfriend.

I hope that you soon find an ideal, well-paying teaching position. (Is that sentence an oxymoron...a contradiction in terms?)

My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander

Congrats on graduating, Ron. Also, graduating with a GPA of 3.9 is quite impressive!

Best of luck to you!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Yeah!!! and good for you. I can only imagine the hard work involved in wearing those many hats and maintaining a great GPA. There is no place like this fine community and I am glad to hear it was place for you to be and feel amongst friends.

Best to you!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Congratulations Ron!

I am not sure what a GPA of 3.9 means - could someone enlighten me?

I think it is great that you decided to go back to school and get an education. Best of luck with the next steps.

I'm so glad this place became a haven of sorts, and that you felt friendship here. Having said that, CONGRATULATIONS! You deserve it. And - what is most amazing - is that you had a 3.9 GPA, and still had time to compose some wonderful music. Wow - brains and talent!

Good luck with the job hunt.

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

Go Back to forum