• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Sounds of Silence!!!!

Share/Bookmark

The Sounds of Silence!!!!

Well, I don't use much percussion, so this problem may have existed for a long time. Problem is that when I load the GPO orchestral percussion, or percussion set, silence is all that I can obtain. I can not play it from my keyboard nor play it from a file. What am I missing, or what have I forgotten?

In files recorded with KP 1, it works okay.

Richard
    Last edited by rwayland; 05-17-2009 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Corrected typo in my name!

Re: The Sounds of Silence!!!!

Richard, I can't set this up to test right now, but I'm wondering if this is the silence syndrome that happens when a note below the bottom range of the given patch has been engaged?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Richard, I can't set this up to test right now, but I'm wondering if this is the silence syndrome that happens when a note below the bottom range of the given patch has been engaged?

Randy
    Randy, I don't think that is the case. I have no problems when using Kontakt Player 1. But I will check it again after I return from the optometrist and bank.

Richard

You're right, Richard - My brainstorm wasn't correct. I'm working on a project now, and ran a test inserting the Basic Orchestral Percussion set. They work normally, and triggering notes outside of the patch's range doesn't effect playback. I was thinking of KS instruments which can be silenced when empty notes between the bottom range and the keyswitch keys are played.

Hope you figure it out. I haven't used anything besides KP2 for a long time and everything functions perfectly. KP1--?! wow--

Randy

Go Back to forum