• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sponsorship- any ideas where I can start?

Share/Bookmark

Sponsorship- any ideas where I can start?

Hi all.

I am involved with a childrens charity and for the last five years most of my work has been with children.

Some of you may know that I give talks on Australia and it's indigenous people. I have had no work for months and months and got close to giving up music completely.

However I have now got a series of events including a fairly major stage appearance and need to get atleast one new instrument to make it work.

I am in the UK and there seems to be little or no funding for what I do.

I have six weeks to performance day.

Thanks

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Re: Sponsorship- any ideas where I can start?

I dont know how it works in other countries, but in the US you can apply for "non-profit" status and therefore any donations people/companies make is tax deductible, and thus more people are willing to help your cause.

I would consider putting together a small "sales" package, preferably using a visual presentation software like power point or keynote, and go around to local businesses, activist groups, etc looking for support. It could be a tough sale in these economic times, but you have to put yourself in their shoes and share your personal passion on why what your doing is worth while.

Best of luck!

Re: Sponsorship- any ideas where I can start?

Thanks JT_3 Jon, very good ideas. I need to think about the presentation I think that is a great idea......

Thanks for those.

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Go Back to forum