• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bigga Giggas releases Post Forte Piano

Share/Bookmark

Bigga Giggas releases Post Forte Piano

The historic predecessor of the modern piano. Now you can play the same type of piano as Haydn and the other fathers of Classical music. This Gigasampler instrument has multiple velocity layers/pedal down/pedal up AND separate Moderator layer, as well as True Key-Release samples. Listen to the MP3 demos and you can hear the actual key mechanisms just like the real thing. This is the largest, most ambitious sample version of FortePiano yet created. Sponsored by Howland Auchincloss and recorded by Michiel Post.

Price $95
    For info/mp3 demos, visit www.biggagiggas.com

Re: Bigga Giggas releases Post Forte Piano

Hi Worra,

> $95
    > For info/mp3 demos, visit
    > www.biggagiggas.com

I can\'t find the demo - is there a demo of this FortePiano there anywhere?

Thanks,
    Greg.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Sullivan:
    Hi Worra,

> $95
    > For info/mp3 demos, visit
    > www.biggagiggas.com

I can\'t find the demo - is there a demo of this FortePiano there anywhere?

Thanks,
    Greg.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    There are mp3\'s at the product page at www.biggagiggas.com, or you can use these links:
    http://www.worrasplace.com/demos/fortepianoHaydn.mp3
    http://www.worrasplace.com/demos/fortepianoHaydn2.mp3

/Worra

[This message has been edited by Worra (edited 11-15-2001).]

Very interesting sample. Nice interpretation of the well-known Hadyn. I had to play that piece myself, once, at a recital about 30 years ago.

J.G.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by john g:
    Very interesting sample. Nice interpretation of the well-known Hadyn. I had to play that piece myself, once, at a recital about 30 years ago.

J.G.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I hope that your memory of the recital are plesant! This is probably the way it sounded in Haydn\'s days.

/Worra

The pieces are performed by the owner of the original instrument, signed by Weber in Vienna, I believe dated 1780. The instrument was bought from Gustav Leonhard who performed several cd-recordings on this instrument. The perfect condition the instrument is in is very hard to describe. Amazing is the best word for it.
    For those of you interested I can post some notes on how to play the samples. Howland Auchincloss prepared a StudioLogic 880 masterkeyboard (the have a Fatar hammer-action mechanic) specially for this. He removed the springs from the keys. This way the key\'s \"action\" is very light, as in the real instrument. This is needed to be able to play really fast. The modern piano action makes fast playing almost impossible caused by the heavy gram weight. Something that most pianists accept as a trade-off for being able to play louder. The historic keyboards further have a reduced octave span and reduced key-dip. I\'m working at the moment to produce a perfect midi-fied fortepiano keyboard. To be continued.
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum