• Register
  • Help

View Poll Results: Vote for Orchestral Challenge #21

23. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: It's time to vote for Orchestral Challenge #21

Orcas Island

It's time to vote for Orchestral Challenge #21

It's time to vote for Orchestral Challenge #21!

As the winner of Challenge #20, Ken (RustyCrook) created the rhythm-theme for this round.

Usually the challenges have a melody to be orchestrated. This time, Ken provided a rhythm of the melody, giving contestants the freedom to choose their note pitches.

There were 4 entries submitted for this challenge, so the choices are:

Entry 1 - http://www.wizardwalk.com/duel2/Entry01_Chall21.mp3
    Entry 2 - http://www.wizardwalk.com/duel2/Entry02_Chall21.mp3
    Entry 3 - http://www.wizardwalk.com/duel2/Entry03_Chall21.mp3
    Entry 4 - http://www.wizardwalk.com/duel2/Entry04_Chall21.mp3

Many thanks to Ken for providing the rhythm for this challenge episode. Again, thanks to Sean for organizing and making this happen. And big thank yous to the participants who have all done an excellent job with the challenge.

This is a "one-vote-per-person" poll. We'll keep the voting open for about two weeks.

Have fun and good luck!

Gary Garritan

Re: It's time to vote for Orchestral Challenge #21

Thanks Gary!!

And once again thanks to Ken and to the participants!!

EDIT: Here's the given rhythm:
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Liked them all but LOVED Entry Number 4.

These are so impressive! Some very sophisticated work and so well rendered. Kudos to all 4 of you.

I think it would be great if Ken's rhythm motif could be posted on this thread. I had to look at the original contest thread to take a look at what these pieces were based on.

Hope lots of people take a listen and vote!

Wow awesome stuff from everyone!
    Amazing to see the way people can use one simple idea to create something uniquely theirs!
    Ive got to give my vote to number 4 though. I absolutely loved that Latin feel to the music and as well as the way the melody was applied to the rhythm. Good job!

Sorry i couldn't add my own composition to the mix but ive been having some issues in getting GPO...
    I payed for the program near the start of April but it was out of stock. Been waiting for it to come for almost two months now....i think ill give the music store a phone call...

Anyway great stuff and keep it up! Hope plenty of people vote!
    "The only stupid question, is the one that is not asked" ~ Anonymous

"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Art is not a treasure in the past or an importation from another land, but part of the present life of all living and creating peoples." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Yeah these are all great. I would like to vote for all of them but alas.

Well done contributors!

This challenge is yet another example at how diverse responses can be to the same requirements. Kudos to everyone for their efforts! For the first time I would prefer to give a tie, but alas I can't do it. I'm going to have to give the edge to number 4. Reason being it is the most outside of the box entry and the piece developed in an engaging manner the entire time.

Again, hats off to each composer for jobs really well done!

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Chicago North side

Great entries. Love the sound of the piano in #2. Just wondering if it was from GPO or the Steinway.
    Wider is better.

I think we should make these silent votes, revealing who we voted for (and why) after the the poll closes. Just my two cents.

Also, my vote went for #5. It was bold in its subtlety.

Go Back to forum