• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: A very short, rough GOS demo.

Share/Bookmark

A very short, rough GOS demo.

Hi All,

Just to show how easy it is to get a great result in a very short time, I did this in about 40 minutes, with very little editing, using the \'lite\' versions of sections. I played in the parts one at a time.

It is only about 40 seconds of an idea that was inspired by those wonderful Grand Detache strings. I just put some TC M-One reverb on the whole thing which isn\'t quite right. One day I\'ll get around to finishing it off!

It\'s called GOSTEST and can be found at www.uk.mp3.com/CHRIS_N.
    http://uk.artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/1987/1987593.html

Sorry, I\'m still trying to figure out how to setup links correctly. Hopefully one of these will work!

Chris

[This message has been edited by ChrisAxia (edited 11-14-2001).]

Re: A very short, rough GOS demo.

Well, my daughter started ballet exercises when she heard it, which must be a good sign

Seriously, just cold with teh TC reverb, it still sounds better than other string libraries. Can\'t wait \'til I have them.

Hi Chadwick,

Thanks for that! I\'m glad your daughter enjoyed it!! Yes, I\'ve got to start experimenting with reverbs. Maybe my MPX1 would suit the orchestral stuff better? Is anyone out there using a PCM90/91? If so, can you post a demo?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

[This message has been edited by ChrisAxia (edited 11-14-2001).]

What a beautyful sound...

Santa Claus - du you hear me?

cheers

Thomas

Thanks Thomas!

But I\'m not sure what the Santa Claus reference was? Well, seeing as a few of you like the piece, I might have a go at developing it between sessions of my main work, producing Pop music!

BTW, I had the pleasure and privilage for the first time last week, to hear some of my compositions performed by a real orchestra. It is for a Hollywood film due out next summer called \'The Importance of Being Earnest\', with Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Reece Witherspoon, Judy Dench.

The main score is by Charlie Mole, but he asked me for a little help, and to cut a long story short, I\'ve composed 2 themes that each appear 3 times in the movie. They are mixing as we speak. Maybe I\'ll post some of the cues when Charlie gets me a copy.

Chris

Hi Cris,

I was referring to the library...

Forgive me for being so unpolite not commenting your music - your piece is very nice, reminds me a bit of Grieg. Chadwick was right - sounds ballet alike.

cheers

Thomas

Sorry Thomas,

I\'m just a bit slow this morning! I do hope Santa brings you GOS this year!!

Thanks and good luck,

Chris

Sounds nice Chris! A little to short but nice
    What violins did you use, the 1st vln SusEXP LEG? Also did you use any masking control with it? If so, what number value did you use? The notes sound pretty darn smooth going from note to note.

Hi Damon,

Glad you like it. No I didn\'t use any of the legato samples. I only used the KS & Lite patches of the 4 sections, with Violins, violas and Cellos all on Detache, and the Basses on just the basic long note.

This is why I was so surprised and amazed. It took next to no time to do this, but I don\'t know if spending several more hours could drastically improve the realism! I was really just messing about, but those Grand Detaches just got me going!! I think the piece came out the way it did because the samples are fairly short, so I had no choice!

Try them, I guarantee you\'ll love them.

Chris

Hey Chris,
    The grand detaches are my favorite patches on GOS as well . I\'ve got good news...Gary told me he plans to sustain them longer which has been my very wish from the first time I heard them either by looping them or figuring out a method through Maestro Tools. They\'re so expressive and rich sounding. They\'ll be great to use for slow string stuff.

Go Back to forum