• Register
  • Help

Topic: And Now For Something Completely Different....Zombies!

Share/Bookmark

And Now For Something Completely Different....Zombies!

i know this is quite a bit different than what normally gets posted here, but ladies and gents i give you the trailer for my recently scored film...
    ZMD: zombies of mass destruction...(caution: extreme gore!)
    sorry for the poor youtube audio quality. when i have a higher fidelity version available i'll repost. and yes, it is supposed to be cheesy!

it has already played at a few festivals, and will be screening in june at both s.i.f.f. (seattle intl film fest), and l.a. film fest.

the music is primarily synth based (in homage to the 70s horror genre), but there is some string work using GPO and the Gofriller throughout. btw the post production crew was impressed with the realism i was able to achieve using the gofriller, so thanks to Mr. Garritan for that. (and also apologies to Mr. Garritan for associating his work with such gratuitous violence and corny jokes!)

Re: And Now For Something Completely Different....Zombies!

ROFL! Different? Well, only a little (you need to listen more).

Absolutely loved it!

S., this is very, very well done -- all pro. Heck of a job on
    this -- I actually would love to see the movie, just based on
    the trailer.

And don't be too concerned about the violence. Gary's
    used to it. Work with software developers, and this is just
    another day at the office.

All my best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

- ! - oh my.

Well, now I know what I've been doing wrong with my You Tube videos. I need some over-the-top Zombie footage!--Then instead of the little trickle of hits I currently get, I could have 16,000 hits like this vid!

I'm glad you got the gig, Scientist - Your sound track work is excellent.

As for the content - ahem.

Randy

Intersting trailer - campy comedy and lots of blood. I don't think the music was too different from some of the things posted here, but I don't know if we usually have too many people attacking with weed whips and hand axes.... And actually, I don't how I'd rate this movie as I more of attack by the space aliens type of man...

Actually though it was great. The music fit very well with the on-screen images.
    Trent P. McDonald

thanks for all the compliments everyone! they did a nice job cutting the trailer. they managed to use a good variety of cues, and still got it to flow nicely. re: it being 'different'...mostly that its mostly synth based (the director wanted to capture that 'john carpenter' feel), so a bit short on sample library use.

i also forgot to mention that this was filmed in port gamble, washington...mere minutes (by boat) from garritan headquarters.

Impressive work scientist. I'm kind of curious to see the movie as well even though this isn't my normal cup of tea. You'll have to keep us all posted on its progress.

Steve Winkler

Music is very cool and very appropriate.

Excellent work with this. I had to close my eyes in spots (despite what etLux says), but that was a good thing because I was able to focus on your music more. And the music is first rate. Congratulations on this. I will never look at nearby Port Gamble the same way.

Bravo!

Gary

Go Back to forum