• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fairlight Replacement

Share/Bookmark

Fairlight Replacement

I have used a Fairlight since they were introduced way back when and still use the latest model for music production. Can any one tell me if Giga Studio will allow me to replace my Fairlight and equip my studios with Giga Studios and work just using them.
    Has any one done any serious heavy orchestral work yet and what ere the limitations? Thanks in advance
    Rod McQueen

Re: Fairlight Replacement

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rod:
    I have used a Fairlight since they were introduced way back when and still use the latest model for music production. Can any one tell me if Giga Studio will allow me to replace my Fairlight and equip my studios with Giga Studios and work just using them.
    Has any one done any serious heavy orchestral work yet and what ere the limitations? Thanks in advance
    Rod McQueen
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rod,

I use gigasampler for some really HEAVY orchestral projects. Gigasampler lends itself very well to orchestral stuff simply because the size of the samples you can load. The sounds coming out these days for this platform are unbelievable, and I have to imagine that we haven\'t even scratched the surface yet. Many people like the idea that gigastudio can use samples stored on a server on a network. I can tell you some of my customers are already planning for this - who can blame them.. having a gigastudio or two in every suite in a production house running off machines in your machine room is \'where it\'s at\'. Get out and test the system if you can. I\'m sure you\'ll be delighted with what you hear.

If you have any giga questions, don\'t hesitate to give me a call or drop me a line. There are many great people on this forum who also can offer their advice and experience I\'m sure.

Forgot my info:

mike@earlywarningmedia.com
    phone: 416-778-9712

Hi
    Sinse Fairlight was released back in 1984 or so , I had always wanted one. [or a synclavier]I thought is was so cool when I heard that the band Yes had recorded there whole album through one .But I couldn\'t offord one so I owned cheaper less advanced samplers like the Ensonic Mirage,Korg DSS1,Casio FZ1,Akai s1000 and the Dynacord .
    People Just getting in to the giga sampler dont realize how power full and inexpensive it is compared to samplers of the past. For those of us that started with sampling from the beginning [The original Emulator and the Ensonic mirage hit the main steam market around 1983]It been a long road to get this far , and we still have farther to go towards adding more personality and expressiveness to sampling.
    In the beginning if you wanted quality samplers , the technology was in the hands of a few and they were determend to get rich off it .I know someone over hear in tampa that had a Synclavier that cost $200.000 and it cost him another $50.000 to upgrade it to 24 megs of ram back in the late 80s. By todays standards ,the way technology has marched forward and every year you get better technology for less money the Fairlight is not a good value today. Fairlight ,just like digidesign is one of those company\'s that came out when this was a totally diferent market , and now they are trying to hang on .

Go Back to forum