• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reduce Polyphony to ONE voice in GS3 ?

Share/Bookmark

Reduce Polyphony to ONE voice in GS3 ?

Does anyone know if it's possible to force Gigastudio 3 (I have ensemble) to play only ONE key at a time (as soon as a key is pressed , any other sound stops).

I am trying to use it in a theatrical situation where I need to play accompaniment tracks, switching from one to another quickly. Ideally this is done with the sustain pedal engaged (which is why I need the previous sound to stop)

In my configuration manager, I can only seem to get it down to 12 voices. Any workarounds?

I know this sounds like a strange request.
    Larry

Re: Reduce Polyphony to ONE voice in GS3 ?

It sounds like what you want to do is make that particular "instrument" monophonic.
    This an probably be done in the instrument editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Karl View Post
    It sounds like what you want to do is make that particular "instrument" monophonic.
    This an probably be done in the instrument editor.
    Correct, Steve.

Buxtehude,

Open the instrument in the editor. Select all regions (the vertical yellow bars under the keyboard - you can click the leftmost one, then hold shift and click the rightmost - they should all be orange), and right click on any of them. Set "keygroup" to 1. Save and load.

Now, playing any note will cut off any previously sounding voices. I believe decay or release time will allow you to set the fade time for the cutoff, but I can't remember for certain.

Belbin

Steve, Belbin.

What you say makes good sense. I will try it.
    Thanks very much

Larry

Go Back to forum