• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Need to hire help in NYC to get my choirs running

Share/Bookmark

Need to hire help in NYC to get my choirs running

Hi guys,

I'm having a helluva time setting up E W S y mph C hoi rs (P L AY) in Logic 8. I spent a good hour on the phone with tech support today and unfortunately they weren't able to get me up and running. I think it's probably something really simple like a cabling issue, or tweaking something in the Environment window that perhaps has gone awry.

I need to hire someone in NYC to come by and get the SC running on my system. I imagine it wouldn't take any more than 30-60 minutes.

Any takers? You can email me directly at kerrymuzzey * at * mac dot com

I'm really at my wits' end. Big time.

Kerry

Re: Need to hire help in NYC to get my choirs running

Have u tried the E/W form? I would write ur issue in detail and see if u can get a answer. Also are u all updated with Play, SC, Leopard and Logic? I don't have SC but it can't be a major issue. What are your system specs? Tell us what's happening?
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

I actually spent 90 minutes, over 3 phonecalls, with tech support yesterday. They get really irritated with you really quickly... I was disappointed with that. It was like dealing with a punitive parent who was pissed off that you didn't understand what they were saying. Symph Choirs has some amazing potential, but if you have to have a phd in computer programming to make it work, don't be surprised when people call your tech support line asking for help!

I ended up solving the problem late last night, and it's something that they never brought up on the phone and something that doesn't appear in their step-by-step instructions: when you open the Choirs AU, it is defaulted to MIDI channel 1, but the only way it'll work with Wordbuilder is if it's set to channel 0. That's the simple fix: and it only took 90 minutes of phone calls and 6 hours of troubleshooting in Logic to get it to work.

I think EW should farm out their tech support to Spectrasonics. They're much nicer over there, and far more helpful. Plus they don't yell at you: big bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by composernyc View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm having a helluva time setting up E W S y mph C hoi rs (P L AY) in Logic 8. I spent a good hour on the phone with tech support today and unfortunately they weren't able to get me up and running. I think it's probably something really simple like a cabling issue, or tweaking something in the Environment window that perhaps has gone awry.

I need to hire someone in NYC to come by and get the SC running on my system. I imagine it wouldn't take any more than 30-60 minutes.

Any takers? You can email me directly at kerrymuzzey * at * mac dot com

I'm really at my wits' end. Big time.

Kerry
    This isprobably the guy who can help you in NYC.
    http://www.stevehmusic.com/
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Hey Jay,

I'm familiar with his name -- and he came recommended by several people here! But I needed someone to make a housecall and figured he might be a little busy for that. But thankfully the problem is solved, and it was a simple fix.

P.S. LOOOOVE your Logic helpsite.

That is not my site, it is David Nahmani's. But I have been known to hang out there
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

I actually spent 90 minutes, over 3 phonecalls, with tech support yesterday. They get really irritated with you really quickly... I was disappointed with that. It was like dealing with a punitive parent who was pissed off that you didn't understand what they were saying. Symph Choirs has some amazing potential, but if you have to have a phd in computer programming to make it work, don't be surprised when people call your tech support line asking for help!

I ended up solving the problem late last night, and it's something that they never brought up on the phone and something that doesn't appear in their step-by-step instructions: when you open the Choirs AU, it is defaulted to MIDI channel 1, but the only way it'll work with Wordbuilder is if it's set to channel 0. That's the simple fix: and it only took 90 minutes of phone calls and 6 hours of troubleshooting in Logic to get it to work.

I think EW should farm out their tech support to Spectrasonics. They're much nicer over there, and far more helpful. Plus they don't yell at you: big bonus.

Damn that sucks man, but Im glad you got it working though. I have heard of their tech support being holes. E/W doesn't have the best rep. To be honest I have had very little issues with E/W. Only had one issue on their forum where they erased my post. I still have no clue why but whatever. Anyway good luck....
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com

Their products really are good overall -- I just wish it didn't take so much work to get them up and running.

One last question for the gang, if you're familiar with Symph Choirs? Any idea where in Wordbuilder or SC I would assign a CC7/CC11 foot pedal control? it's the LAST thing I'm stuck on! (working in Logic 8.0.2 w/ SC as a plugin)

Kerry

I couldn't help you out there. Good luck.

www.plusishiphop.com

Their products really are good overall -- I just wish it didn't take so much work to get them up and running.

One last question for the gang, if you're familiar with Symph Choirs? Any idea where in Wordbuilder or SC I would assign a CC7/CC11 foot pedal control? it's the LAST thing I'm stuck on! (working in Logic 8.0.2 w/ SC as a plugin)

Kerry
    In WordBuilder each phoneme has a plus sign that is clickable, expandable and assignable. Just click expand and assign to whichever CC you want to assign.

By the way, I have made numerous phone calls to EW Tech Support, namely to Jay Coffman, who I find to be pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable.

Best wishes, Earl

Go Back to forum