• Register
  • Help

Topic: etlux express

etlux express

I know that I should not post when I already have a post on the front page, but I wanted to be the first to post a crossbreed between GPO, JABB and David's new synth (The Sosnowski Synthesizer); so please forgive my indiscretion.

Here it is

The synth IMO blends great with Both GPO and JABB and was very easy to work with.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Wilton, NH

Re: etlux express

Hi Ron,

A couple of years ago I'd post something and it would drop to the second page in hours. Occasionally you'd see 3 or 4 posts, sometimes more, by the same person in a single day. Lately it takes days, sometimes over a week, to drop off the front page. It's been a few days since anyone last posted to your other piece so I wouldn't worry about it. I know I've been bending this rule a lot lately...

I liked this. It sounds like some prehistoric beast lumbering its way through some primordial landscape. You've certainly developed a recognizable style.
    Trent P. McDonald

YEeeeeah, that's neat stuff, Ron.

One major thing you accomplished is that the members of your virtual band, both synth-driven and sample-driven, are co-existing perfectly well together. In whatever equivalent there is of a stage or recording booth in cyber space where our virtual musicians perform, these guys are playing together and off each other, and the results are homogenous.

I have No idea where I just now was while listening, but I enjoyed it. I think the nature of some of the SS sounds you used may have kept the proceedings just light enough so that it was more of a fun/creepy instead of an omg/creepy. lol.

Applause to you for getting the first SS/GPO hybrid project up - Good work my friend.

Everyone on this thread - be sure to listen to more examples of music using the SS, like William A. DeWitt's combination of GPO and the SS, and Danny Williams' SS demos, all to be heard at:

Hi Ron,

Just as I said to you privately... regardless of whose
    synth you use, you've definitely got a strong handle
    on getting synths and traditional instruments to work
    together naturally in an orchestral setting.

This isn't easy to do -- in fact, it's devilishly
    difficult to get synths and orchestra to sound like
    they belong on the same stage.

To me, this is looking like an emerging area for you
    -- with some very powerful results. For a short
    piece, this one has considerable impact... anybody
    walks away from it without having felt the hammer
    must not have any blood in their veins... lol!

I'll be very interested to hear what you do as
    you take this avenue forward.

All my best,

David Sosnowski

Hey Ron, this is actually the first time I've ever heard the SS in action, so thanks for the demo! I can't quite describe the mood this one sets me in, but it's very entertaining...creepy, yes...loominous, perhaps...

But as everyone before has said, you do quite well mixing synth with virtual instruments. I find that very difficult to do. I've only combined a synth sound with a virtual instrument (successfully, imo) once. There was a single whole note synth sound, lasted approximately 3 seconds...in a 13 minute song...so...not sure if that really counts...

Anyways, thanks for the listen, your music is always provides a unique experience!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Nice, very nicely done. I hear a sort of broken theme from The Rite of Springs.

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: etlux express

Talk about fun! Such an interesting mix of the three! Your indiscretion is forgiven.

Go Back to forum