• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems after installing GSO 3.21 patch

Share/Bookmark

Problems after installing GSO 3.21 patch

A friend has encountered a frustrating problem after he installed the 3.21 patch for GSO. He wrote:
    Well, that was fun. Just added the 3.21 patch to my GSO...now it will not accept any registration keys. Every time I start it up it changes the code and requires a new key. Nothing works to fix it.
    Fortunately, he had a backup image of his HD. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, can you say how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Joe Hardy

Re: Problems after installing GSO 3.21 patch

I went round and round with something like that about a yr. ago and the fix for me was to change to a WDC drive.
    ( anything other than Seagate )
    Sounds like possibly the "Seagate Firmware issue". Cyyptkey has an issue with some Seagate firmware.

Ask your friend if his OS drive is a Seagate, and if so, after exausting all other possibilities, like possibly reinstalling the OS from scratch, consider replacing the hard drive with a non Seagate drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Karl View Post
    I went round and round with something like that about a yr. ago and the fix for me was to change to a WDC drive.
    ( anything other than Seagate )
    Sounds like possibly the "Seagate Firmware issue". Cyyptkey has an issue with some Seagate firmware.

Ask your friend if his OS drive is a Seagate, and if so, after exausting all other possibilities, like possibly reinstalling the OS from scratch, consider replacing the hard drive with a non Seagate drive.
    Many thanks, Steve. I'll pass this along to my friend.

Joe

Well, this friend has now been able to install and register 3.21; however, he tells me that he is getting only about 400 notes of polyphony whereas he as achieving around 700 with version 3.01. Has anyone else notice a fall off in performance??

Thanks,
    Joe

What changed? What did he do to make it work?

Check the settings to make sure the poly. is not limited there.

Go Back to forum