• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: FINAL Voices of the Apocalypse demo

Share/Bookmark

FINAL Voices of the Apocalypse demo

Demo is done. Its a 4.8 meg mp3. Email me if you want it. bunschel@aol.com.

Re: FINAL Voices of the Apocalypse demo

Nevermind, got it anyway.

*needs $500*

[This message has been edited by Lance_M (edited 11-10-2001).]

THANKYOU NICK

I WANT THIS LIBRARY AND I WANT TO BUY IT RIGHT HERE AND NOW.

Is this possible? Has it been released? I could use these sounds on THIS weeks episode of Angel that I am working on, and I\'m sure several upcoming episodes too.

Congratulations Nick, its fantastic!!

What sold me is the second example within this final demo, and the last example. It sounds like they\'re singing words! Sure I can\'t tell what the words might be, and I don\'t want to: it\'s that classic epic choir sound of them singing in Latin, like in \"the Omen\" for example. Very useful and no I haven\'t done this effectively with other choir libraries.

Um, what brass, strings and percussion did you use in that second example (the big staccatto example).

This library is a winner, thank you Nick!

Thanks!

Robert Kral.

Nick,
    Thank you for sending, Vota.mp3.

I must tell you that the voices heard @ 1:55
    and again @ 2:20 are truly inspiring.

You have captured a warm yet airy (Hollywood)
    choir and I cannot thank you enough for doing so!

If anyone here has heard Michael Kamen\'s Band of Brothers - Main Theme - The choir section I have mentioned above are very
    close to that sound. With the right EQ and Reverb, it can come true.

Thanks again, Nick.

I will phone in my order Monday 9:00 AM.

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE. www.audiovisionsonline.com

PS. I started a thread before I had seen this one. Oh well!

Nick, thank you for sending the demo. I know what I\'m asking for from Santa this year!

Would you mind posting a little description of the making of the demo. For example, \"the first part is the angel choir with Waves small hall reverb, etc, etc.\" It might be quite helpful to know how you created the sound of each section, or if you have any special tips on the best way to work with the samples.

Thank you for your hard work.

Doug

There is no additional reverb used on the choir in the demos, except on the consonants to help blending. You are hearing release samples of the hall. I added a touch of low end boost to the choir in the demos and thats about it. The first cue is the angels. The second cue is the sustained mens and womens choirs, no stacatto samples, just sustains with fast attacks + consonants and also some shouts and clusters in the middle. The third cue is combos of angels and the mens and womens choirs with strings in the background and mens and womens mmmms at the end.
    The final cue is the sustained men and women with consonants. I didn\'t program any slow attack options into the library ( except on the Angels aahs because the mod wheel was available). If you want that sort of thing, you can do it to the whole library in a couple minutes. I provide natural (fairly quick) attacks and slightly faster attacks only on the vowels. As I explore, I will probably provide some articulation files on East west\'s site.

[This message has been edited by Nick Phoenix (edited 11-10-2001).]

Hey Nick,

You forgot to thank everyone for all the kind words.

Second,

I too would find it very useful to gain an understanding of how we (your customers) will
    achieve the singing effect with your choir.

I don\'t believe what was asked of you
    was to give away trade secrets but merely a how to...

Thanks

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.
    www.audiovisionsonline.com

Yikes!! That was fast!

Sorry, a second ago there was not the good reply there is now about the, \"how to\"

my bad

KEYSWITCH C1 gives you natural attacks. KEYSWITCH C#1 gives you a slightly faster attack.

Is there a simple method for the user to create a slow attack via KEYSWITCH D1 ?

I have no clue how but I was just wondering if it can be done.

Thank you Nick for your description of demo. It will be very helpful when I finally get to work with the library myself.

Doug

Go Back to forum