• Register
  • Help

Topic: Albinoni's Adagio

Share/Bookmark

Albinoni's Adagio

This is my first try with GPO only, no JABB is included here although there is a quieter layer in the strings from the Halion Symphony Orchestra 'cos it came with my Cubase.

http://www.box.net/shared/46cfmp3qln
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Re: Albinoni's Adagio

Tempo?!?!?!?! A bit too fast in my opinion. But after all, all those performances that last an eternity never had my preferences. Is this really your first try with GPO? You made it great sounding. On some spots the pizzicati (velocity) can be lowered a bit (right before the solo string).

Great performance and rendering,

Watch you reverbs and pre-delays. The solo string compared to the string section. The string section is a bit too far at the back of the stage compared to the solo. Ignore this, please, I am listening to it with headphones.

Raymond

Very well done. There were times I forgot I was listening to your rendering, hearing it instead as a recording I have of this. I'm assuming the organ was also GPO.
    Trent P. McDonald

Thanks Guys, the silly thing is that I didn't spend much time doing the mixing as I had to stop working on it to do something else. Then came Sunday chat and I put it on the forum as it was.

I bet if I'd spent hours on the mix I'd have messed it up
    Derek
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Derek, not sure how I missed this - But in looking at the back pages of the LR for something else, I ran into it--sure glad I did.

It's truly remarkable - you're saying this is your first all GPO piece--impressive!

MUST say that I feel there's no debating that the tempo is incredibly fast- probably twice what it's intended to be. --!!--

But it's a beautiful piece and I can hear the care you took in the assembling of it - except for the odd tempo choice.

Randy

Well RANDY, thanks for listening. I used a score off the net - no met settings at all, just Adagio in the title but I played it as I remembered hearing it played. There are two versions on Youtube one at 10 mins and one at 9 mins, mine is 8 mins. The 10 minute one is ponderous, I feel, the 9 minute not too bad. I have tried to find a definitive speed but can't
    Derek

Go Back to forum