• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX on Win7 (64) Related.

Share/Bookmark

RMX on Win7 (64) Related.

Hi guys, this is my first post here.
    It would be great if i could get takes from all those who`ve been able to successfully install the RMX 64 bit version on an Win7 64 OS. I`masking coz all my attempts at doing so were rather unfruitful.
    I`m running Cubase5 on Core 2 duo 2.66 Ghz,with 4GB RAM and my audio/midi interface is US244. (btb RMX on my XP32 really rocks !!)
    Thanks in advance
    DR COMP

Thumbs up Re: RMX on Win7 (64) Related.

Hi guys, I was finally able to resolve the issue. I did this by making a fresh install of
    RMX ver 1.7 rather than ver 1.5 thro 1.8d. on Win 7 64. As far as the SAGE folder was concerned, I used the one that was already installed on another drive of my dual boot set up ( XP32/Win7 64).The confusion that existed was due to the 2 kinds of program files ( c/ program files and c/program files x86) as well as me not knowing where to install, but then all`s well that ends well
    DR COMP

Re: RMX on Win7 (64) Related.

Windows 7? Is it too early? How did you get that release?
    I'm fussing around with Vista 64 (on a new box because I did not dare take down my XP machine which is running smoothly except for inherent memory limitations). It is alot a work to switch machines when you have a rich heritage of fancy VST and VSTi plugs you don't want to be without.... e.g. I can't get Waves or Trilogy to work on 64bit environments.

Quote Originally Posted by DR COMP View Post
    Hi guys, I was finally able to resolve the issue. I did this by making a fresh install of
    RMX ver 1.7 rather than ver 1.5 thro 1.8d. on Win 7 64. As far as the SAGE folder was concerned, I used the one that was already installed on another drive of my dual boot set up ( XP32/Win7 64).The confusion that existed was due to the 2 kinds of program files ( c/ program files and c/program files x86) as well as me not knowing where to install, but then all`s well that ends well
    DR COMP
    Tobias
    San Diego, CA
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias7000 View Post
    Windows 7? Is it too early? How did you get that release?
    The beta has been available for a while, and now there is a RC (release candidate) version.
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

I only have omnisphere but I recommend running thru J bridge for Win 7Cubase 64 set ups. VST bridge for 32 apps is basically a waste of time and Asio resources. J bridge fixed all these issues for me.

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Go Back to forum