• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where oh where have my poor samples gone

Where oh where have my poor samples gone

Hi, this is my first attempt at posting a thread. And, I wouldn't bother you if it wasn't important.

I'm running Sonar 8 Producer, using Chris Hein Horns V2, JABB and Complete Classical Collection. To get better performance out of my samples, I reinstalled them on my 7200 rpm external hard drive. But, Kontakt 2 cannot locate them. In fact, all I can do, is load my presets, that I saved when I had everything on the computer's C drive. And, even then, I have to tell it where to look. All other samples are unavailable...and, that's almost all.

From what I've read, it's important to have the libraries on a separate drive from the system. But, what should the path be? When I reinstalled these 3 libraries, I indicated where everything should go. Their names appear on the front of the Kontakt browser, but not the colored graphics. And, Kontakt tries to find the libraries on the C drive. What am I missing?

Thanks, DD

Re: Where oh where have my poor samples gone

Did you rebuild your database in Kontakt? That should be the first thing you do when changing the locations of your samples.

Re: Where oh where have my poor samples gone

Rebuild the data base. No, I guess not. How is that done?

Go Back to forum