• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Bela D Bass | Power Signature | DTour

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Bela D Bass | Power Signature | DTour

Bela D Bass | Power Signature
    Heavily influenced by the attack, present tone, and aggressive playing style of Geddy Lee (RUSH), Bela D Bass is the first library to deliver the strength and tonal power exemplifying a true rock bass.

Bela D Bass | Power Signature | DTour
    The virtual DTour of Bela D Bass has expired. Thank you for your interest.

Re: Bela D Bass | Power Signature | DTour

Since you asked for feedback (positive and negative), I was wondering whether the pitch is too wobbly?

I hope you don't mind the comment, but it was something I was thinking about as I listened to the demos.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

I don’t mind the comment whatsoever. I welcome it. What you are hearing is a very “Geddy like” dramatic vibrato. I properly over used it on my examples because I really dig that effect and, as you all know, I am not a composer. LOL

It’s a very fast shake of the strings... “Grrrr” type sound. Grab the DTour and you can hear it for yourself. There are straight-tone options and you could pitch bend your vibrato. I added 3000+ samples of “true Geddy” vibrato because no LFO can give you that effect. If you catch some of his playing on youtube, you will see him bend and shake the hell out of the strings.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Well, you attempted to capture a particular sound. It is neither a sound I like or need, but you did capture it well I would say.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
    Well, you attempted to capture a particular sound. It is neither a sound I like or need, but you did capture it well I would say.
    Fair enough and thank you! I still recommend that you download the tour. You have to keep in mind that the example demos are one patch out of 21. I would love nothing more then a full on demo but no takers thus far - hence the tour.

If you bypass the amp sims and "producers" rack, you have a directly recorded Jazz bass. From there, you can do as you see fit. I'll try my best to compose an example demo of ...

Direct
    4x10
    1x15

of the same track.

A great Idea with the demo lib!

And, for what this library is, the sound is very cool and well recorded! Bravo!

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    A great Idea with the demo lib!

And, for what this library is, the sound is very cool and well recorded! Bravo!

Best,

Gunther
    Honestly, this product is of such a personal nature to me – I greatly appreciate your comment! Now get to work on my demos, Gun!! LOL!

Oops, perhaps I will stretch these 2 notes a little bit.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Note: Since most never read the user guide (LOL) be sure to use a sustain pedal when testing. Features such as Key Up and Repeat work best when in mono mode. The script will auto read your foot work, switching between mono/poly.

Upload your mp3 here: http://www.beladmedia.com/upload.htm

Go Back to forum