• Register
  • Help

Topic: Steinway Pro Shipping Yet?

Share/Bookmark

Steinway Pro Shipping Yet?

I read the posts about V1.4 pressing and something about a MAY shipping date. I ordered my PRO version about 1 month ago and the retailer has told me that they are still waiting for shipment from Garritan?

Is there an update on where they are with the new batch of software?

I have read so much about this software that I feel like a little kid waiting for my Little Orphan Annie decoder ring to arrive in the mail.

Thanks,
    Jim

Re: Steinway Pro Shipping Yet?

Hi Jim,
    We're working to get the pro discs out ASAP. I'd said in the news update that I was expecting to finish v1.04 download update (fyi an update doesn't encompass everything that goes into a full and physical product like pro/standard) by the end of May, and then we would focus immediately on the new discs of pro/standard. The discs require time to replicate, but also new installers and packaging - these additional steps of packaging and replication I'm typically not involved in but I believe they add about 3 weeks. I lost 2 weeks in May to sickness, so we have gone ahead and are now using v1.03 for the replication.
    Anyway, it looks like our ship date will be the very end of June, possibly first week of July.

... would be nice if the new version could have been released on the 4th of July. Quite a date for it, freedom of the nation = freedom to play along a great instrument. But I think everybody will be celebrating with Händel's Royal Fireworks. So... anyhow it is too hot to do something at all.

Raymond

It is now the second week of July. Has PRO begun shipping yet?

Patient in North Carolina,
    Jim

The word from the man is that the discs are replicated and they're waiting to get the manuals back from the bookbinder. It should ship at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla View Post
    The word from the man is that the discs are replicated and they're waiting to get the manuals back from the bookbinder. It should ship at that time.
    ...sssssttttt... don't say it too loud, but when are the updates for the new Pro ready for download?

Raymond

any news of the download update?

Marcus

I am a little confused regarding the release date of the pro version. I have seen people talk about the Garritian Steinway piano on the forums for over a year. Please advise the release dates on the basic, standard and pro version? It seems that the pro version was just released in August 09. Also was the piano resampled for the pro version....why was it not released earlier after the piano was sampled?

Thanks

Pro was out of stock for a period, and then in stock again with a new printing with the most up to date software, I think at the very beginning of August. It was first released last year. The new printing has the latest version update, but the piano is the same piano.

Go Back to forum