• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO on Vista Ultimate

Share/Bookmark

GPO on Vista Ultimate

Hi, I have re-installed my GPO on a new laptop which is on Vista Ultimate, my last use of GPO was in 2006 on XP Pro.

I have a few unexpected problems (1) The program does not appear to start up and (2) the NI registration system seems to have been discontinued and (3) GPO does not appear in my Cubase 4 (this maybe due to failed installation though).

Should version GPO Second Edition work on Vista?
    Is there something I should know since 2006?

Thanks!

On a Sony VAIO laptop, a 2008 model, 4Gb RAM, Vista Ultimate, 2.5GHz processor, lots of disk space.

Re: GPO on Vista Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Hiran View Post
    Hi, I have re-installed my GPO on a new laptop which is on Vista Ultimate, my last use of GPO was in 2006 on XP Pro.

I have a few unexpected problems (1) The program does not appear to start up and (2) the NI registration system seems to have been discontinued and (3) GPO does not appear in my Cubase 4 (this maybe due to failed installation though).

Should version GPO Second Edition work on Vista?
    Is there something I should know since 2006?

Thanks!

On a Sony VAIO laptop, a 2008 model, 4Gb RAM, Vista Ultimate, 2.5GHz processor, lots of disk space.
    Hi,

You can get GPOv2 (Kontakt Player 1, v 1.083) to run on Vista, but you'll need to use the update service center application available from NativeInstruments.com. It is much more user friendly. You should also update to GPO Version 3 for free. Follow the procedure here:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...48&postcount=8

Thanks Reegs. Is the link correct? It deals with installing Garritan Studio - not how to get GPO 3 for free.

BTW - (update) the Kontact Player did open for me, but took a long time. This is a problem with my PC I think as it happens with Cubase4 and Finale 2009 also.

So, it's the registration with NI that I'm stuc with ...

Yeah, you can ignore the Studio part if you don't want t use that application. That procedure will get GPO KP1 and GPO KP2 to play nicely on Vista. Download Service Center here:

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...Service_Center

Go Back to forum