• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 6

Orlando, Florida

Sibelius 6

Sib. 6 arrived today and I was happy to see that the NI-based Garritan products still work. Here's hoping they work with the new, ARIA based products as well.

Keith Walls

South of the Ohio River

Re: Sibelius 6

Congratulations! I'm still waiting. :>(
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Sib 6 will load ARIA sounds automatically just as it does Kontakt. It will require a different Sound Set though. Of course we can't test it without - um - ARIA.

Holy cow... I can't believe I missed this release announcement. I will be ordering this tonight!!

I'm looking online at the new features, and am positively DROOLING over the "magnetic layout" and "optimize staff spacing" options. This will probably save me hundreds of hours per score, since I'm so anal about things like that.

The new slur and cautionary accidental features look cool too. And it's about time on the "modern notation!"

Now I'm just looking for being able to auto-center dynamics between staves (piano!), better dual-monitor support, custom sized symbols, and better support for representing instrument groups on variable numbers of staves from page to page (especially how that relates to parts).
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Go Back to forum