• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale to midi with all CCs

Share/Bookmark

Finale to midi with all CCs

Okay, I know I have discussed this before with some of you. But I guess my age has gotten the best of me because I can't remember and I need help!

I want to save a piece written in Finale 2009 to a midi file so I can work on it in Sonar HS6. The notes, cc1 and cc7 save just as expected. What I am not getting (and Finale online manual says I should by default) is slurs cc64 (which I do change from Finales cc68 before I save the file) nor and of the tempo changes and human playback stuff. I would guess somewhere in my Finale setup a switch or tic box is not set up properly and for the life of me, I know not where!!!!

Can anyone help? After all it doesn't make sense to re-enter something you already put into the score. I want to tweak other CCs and not redo ones I have already laboriously put into Finale.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Finale to midi with all CCs

Rich,

You need to highlight your entire file then apply the following plugin:
    Playback>Apply Human Playback

When playing back a file, human playback applies its interpretation to the file without actually altering the midi data in the file permanently. By running this plugin, you're telling Finale to embed the human playback info directly in the file itself, then when you export a midi file from Finale, this information will be transferred as well.

JT

I will try that...thank you

But I didn't see any such thing in the finale manual that supposedly explained saving a midi file...hmmm

Thanks again

Rich

I'm sorry but, I still get no slurs (cc#64 markings in the cc track in sonar). I only get cc#1 and cc#7. All of the other markings are not carried over. I did get it at one time but I don't know what I did to get them!

Rich

Go Back to forum