• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT:Vegas Pro users

Share/Bookmark

OT:Vegas Pro users

I'm still at V8. Anyone tried 9 yet? The upgrade price is about $190 till the end of the month.
    From the Sony forums, it appears the rendering is faster but most have edited in V8 and then use 9 to render.

I'm still using 32 bit Windows.

Re: OT:Vegas Pro users

I have it, specially for the 50$ free plugin (Audio plugins, Sound FX OR NewBlue Sample Pack who gives you a 50% discount on any NB purchase .. personally, I took this and bought the Video Essential II on there website ! Both are very useful..).

Anyway, yes, faster render, a darker look, an automatic adjustment for better preview, more reading format, new video plugins (defocus, glint, ray, ...) and more features I forgot.

For the audio, I use SSL Soundscape BUT I can open my 5.1 wav files in Vegas (since the version 8) to render my AC3 files.

If you have specific question, private me or email me !

Thanks !
    Mathieu Laprise
    www.studiosonomax.com

Although I've been a long time Vegas user (back before Sony purchased the video and audio editing programs), I've since invested $$$ on 2 Mac computers (mostly for the audio/sequence projects). However, I still have my Vegas 9 program loaded on a very aging Dell Precision Workstation. With the capabilities of running both the Mac OS and PC OS on my newer Mac computers, a 2007 MacPro and an early 2008 MacBook Pro), how well will Vegas 9 run on either one of them? Are there any known issues with the Vegas programs being loaded on a Mac computer (with a Windows OS, of course)??

Thanks. . .

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by SyQuEsT View Post
    I have it, specially for the 50$ free plugin (Audio plugins, Sound FX OR NewBlue Sample Pack who gives you a 50% discount on any NB purchase .. personally, I took this and bought the Video Essential II on there website ! Both are very useful..).

So which freebie did you get? SF Studio? NB Sample Pack? or the Sony Soundware?

NB Sample Pack ...

AND you'll receive a 50% discount on the total cost at the NB online store. I look around what could be interesting for me. In my case, I only choose "Video Essential II" because most of the plugins in VE I are in the sample pack and the others video plugins are not useful for my projects. Same thing with the audio plugins.

BUT if you want 2 or more things, you're welcome !
    Mathieu Laprise
    www.studiosonomax.com

NB Sample Pack ...

AND you'll receive a 50% discount on the total cost at the NB online store. I look around what could be interesting for me. In my case, I only choose "Video Essential II" because most of the plugins in VE I are in the sample pack and the others video plugins are not useful for my projects. Same thing with the audio plugins.

BUT if you want 2 or more things, you're welcome !
    I got the same thing with my V9. I also bought the Seminar Series which was a download.
    I wish the Seminar Series would have been free than the other 3 options. That's the new offer on the Acid upgrade.

I'm debating on whether to stick with that grey background.

Indeed, it should be free ...

The grey background is not too bad but maybe it could be nice to switch from the lighter to darker.
    Mathieu Laprise
    www.studiosonomax.com

I use Vegas for work every few days. But since it works brilliantly for me, does everything I ask it to, and I am aware of many capabilities that I have yet not touched, I'd rather save my money for other things.

That - and a reluctance to ever immediately update anything that currently works fine . . . .

Indeed, it should be free ...

The grey background is not too bad but maybe it could be nice to switch from the lighter to darker.
    It's annoying at first but at least I'll know if I'm using 8 or 9. I like how Sony sticks with the usual GUI on their products.

Go Back to forum