• Register
  • Help

Topic: Marching Band Show Opener

Marching Band Show Opener

I have been working on a marching band show called "Go!" for a high school that will be playing it this fall. Anyway, it has been done for a while however now I am going back and creating audio files with Garritan Concert and Marching Band. I am very new to this software but here's what I've been using.
    *Finale 2008
    *(Garritan Concert and Marching Band)
    *Standard electric piano with midi (no mod or sustain)

I would love any/all advice on how I can improve the playback quality of this music! (more so in the brass/winds but I'll take anything!). I am looking more for advice on how to make the playback sound better but I guess musical comments would be welcome too!

Thank You! I'm very new, and trying to understand the software better!

or if you want an easier link, go here; it's the first one.

THANK YOU!!!

Re: Marching Band Show Opener

Hi Jeff,
    I`m new in here also.
    Have you created a full score in Finale? Is what I heard just your keyboard realisation? For GPO marching band sounds, you`ll need to create a full music score i.e. score all the woodwind, brass and perc instruments, each having their own staff. Once you`ve created your empty staff showing all instruments, and before you start to score the music in Finale, go to the GPO mixer and enter the corresponding GPO instrument for all the instruments you want to score for. In Sibelius this process is 'seen' and entered automatically - I would think this is the case with Finale. Then enter any one or two notes for each instument to check you`ve got the right sound for that instru. - clarinet or sax or trombone etc.
    Is this what you`re looking for? Finale will also have a forum for help, (lots of GPO users).
    Good luck.

Re: Marching Band Show Opener

Welcome Jeff,

I like your piece!

For another example listen to this one I did some time ago: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...77&postcount=1

In this thread I gave some information how I did the mix. Many eqing and compressing in the single tracks... .

The listeningroom is the best forum where you can talk about Garritan libraries.

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum