• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: East West QUANTUM LEAP RA Message

Share/Bookmark

East West QUANTUM LEAP RA Message

I use Protools le 8... and I also use East West QUANTUM LEAP RA, everytime I try to load a sample I get this message "PHYSICAL MEMORY IS GETTING LOW! LOADING MORE SAMPLES MIGHT CAUSE PROBLEMS". I went to options in the East West RA program to see if I need to change something but nothing works. I noticed this... I also use Reason 4 through rewire and everytime I open a project with both reason and QUANTUM LEAP RA together Reason fails to load through Rewire... I am guessing because it's using alot of memory. My specs are a Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 9600GT Video card, running Windows XP Pro SP3... pretty much a fast computer. Does anyone how to fix this?

Re: East West QUANTUM LEAP RA Message

[QUOTE=musiclovin;621546]East West QUANTUM LEAP RA, everytime I try to load a sample I get this message "PHYSICAL MEMORY IS GETTING LOW! LOADING MORE SAMPLES MIGHT CAUSE PROBLEMS". QUOTE]

If you ignore the message, do things still work OK?
    Check Windows "performance" (Ctrl-Alt-Delete & click "performance")
    I think this is a Native Instruments bug or conflict.

Boyd

[QUOTE=Boydbob;621555]
    Quote Originally Posted by musiclovin View Post
    East West QUANTUM LEAP RA, everytime I try to load a sample I get this message "PHYSICAL MEMORY IS GETTING LOW! LOADING MORE SAMPLES MIGHT CAUSE PROBLEMS". QUOTE]

If you ignore the message, do things still work OK?
    Check Windows "performance" (Ctrl-Alt-Delete & click "performance")
    I think this is a Native Instruments bug or conflict.

Boyd
    Thank you for your replay.
    If I ignore the message it will work... however most of the time when I rewire Reason into Protools and use QUANTUM LEAP RA and save a project, when I reopen the project I get a error message from Reason saying... Engine not responding Please check your ReWire host. Can you tell me what's the newest version out? I have version or software 1.0.6.002. Library 1.0. Can this be a problem if I am using a older version on a new protools?

Are you trying to use the latest version of Play from EW?

Other than that, there are many threads discussing the poor performance of Pro Tools and Play, so I am not surprised you are having problems.
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Why does PT have so many issues with Play? Does it have the same issues with other software?
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Quote Originally Posted by Plus View Post
    Why does PT have so many issues with Play? Does it have the same issues with other software?
    I tried using east west colossus and I'm still getting the same memory warning...is there a fix or something like a workaround? I have a program called Translator by Chicken Systems...that will I guess convert formats into a different format...my question is does anyone know how to use Translator... I'm thinking that it's not the sounds it's the program "Colossus" that's creating the memory error message...so I was thinking of converting the samples to a different format...I tried using Kontact, it works but...it doesn't keep the sounds in the correct range? I would hear notes that I wouldn't hear in Colossus that I hear in Kontact 3...like really low notes.

Thanks... Hope someone can help me out

You keep mentioning "using" EW software; not 'having purchased'. Are these legally licenced products you are 'using'? If so, why are you buying them and then not working with EW support on your specific problem? Play is definitely working well with most DAWs. Are you using the NI versions or Play versions (both are referenced in posts above)? In any case, if they are legal, then it is suggested that you contact EW for direct support. You can open a support ticket via the EW forums..................playz

Re: ""PHYSICAL MEMORY IS GETTING LOW! LOADING MORE SAMPLES MIGHT CAUSE PROBLEMS""..that error message used to crop up in the earlier NI versions of some of the EW libraries and was solved by updating the products to the latest versions via the NI (not EW) updates web site. NI is, of course, no longer associated with EW or the Play versions of the libraries.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

I've been getting this error message consistently on one of my machines and it began a few yrs. ago, immediately after I upgraded ram from 2GB to 3GB.
    I'm convinced it's just an annoyance / bug in that Kompakt player can't "mentally" deal with the amount of ram.
    There's never been an issue with loading samples or playing them and I can load slightly more with 3GB than I could with 2GB so I just see it as an annoyance with no consequence other than having to type a "Y" a few times.

On an other machine with 2GB or ram I get no warning.

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post

Re: ""PHYSICAL MEMORY IS GETTING LOW! LOADING MORE SAMPLES MIGHT CAUSE PROBLEMS""..that error message used to crop up in the earlier NI versions of some of the EW libraries and was solved by updating the products to the latest versions via the NI (not EW) updates web site. NI is, of course, no longer associated with EW or the Play versions of the libraries.
    Ahhh .... I mistakenly thought the 108 kompakt update was only rtaz related so I never installed it. Thanks for the tip that it also addresses the memory warning.

Steve, I don't know the specs of your computer, but another tip is to avoid installing "3" GB RAM. Depends on your RAM slots and MB etc., but I would suggest that you either install 2x 1 GB or 1 x 2GB or 2 x 2 GB or 1 x 4 GB etc. Avoid odd numbers when it comes to RAM and do check out your MB manual to see what the manufacturer recommends and into which slots the RAM should go, based on the amount of RAM you install. Good quality RAM is also recommended of course..................playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum